Thursday, March 28, 2013

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream

After Caudalie Premier Cru The Eye Cream, I've been using this 5mL/0.17oz. tube of Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream. It came with the Best of Shiseido Spring 2013 GWP, in which for purchases of 2 or more skincare products you get deluxe samples of a cleanser, softener, moisturizer and a targeted specialty treatment, all in a nice large pink zipper case.

This GWP came at a perfect time too since I had used up my 2nd travel size bottle of Lancome Bi-Facil and needed a new makeup remover. So I picked up the The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover (using right now, will review soon), and while at it, the The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam too. I wanted something to compare with the recent Cle de Peau Beaute Gentle Cleansing Foam (they're both from Shiseido!), and I've already used Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam (loooong time ago, and it'd be way too drying for me now) and Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam before ^.^ And in fact, there are 3 foaming cleansers from The Skincare line, a Purifying Cleansing Foam, which I've used before also when I was living in Japan in 2005 and it broke me out, a Gentle Cleansing Foam, and an Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam. Given how dry my skin is now, I went with the extra gentle one. Let's hope no adverse reaction with this one :X

Anyway, when the package arrived I sort of regretted buying any foaming cleanser. I forgot how huge the tube would be! It's going to take me forever to use up! As for the samples themselves, I picked the Bio-Performance set, which came with an eye cream instead of a cleanser, because I already bought one! I received Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizing Cream 7mL, this Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream 5mL/0.17oz., Revitalizing Essence 8mL, and Bio-Performance Super Corrective Serum 9mL (what's with all the Super's?!). And you guessed it, I picked that set just for the Revitalizing Essence in the cool mini red glass bottle xD

I actually have 2 of these Bio-Performance deluxe sample sets, with the second being the 2012 Fall Skincare Bonus below.
***Screencaps from Shiseido USA.

That Bio-Performance deluxe sample set was slightly different. It came with a Bio-Performance Super Eye Contour Cream 5mL, which I will use next after finishing this Benefiance one.

So why did I pick this Benefiance eye cream first over the Bio-Performance one? Because it's very thick, exactly what I need right now for a night eye treatment. This is actually an updated version of the Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream, which I've used before also but didn't like at all. I found the older version to be too greasy and didn't absorb well, not to mention it gave me a few milia on the upper lids. 

Thankfully, this new version is much better. It is still super heavy, but it feels moisturizing instead of greasy. The scent changed though, and instead of the powdery feminine scent like the rest of the Benefiance line (unless they all changed too?), it smells like the good ol' Vaseline Lotion ^.^ I prefer the old fragrance actually, but I guess I don't mind this new scent either. The eye cream is very thick, so I don't need much at all for my eye area to feel comfortable. And because I use so little of it each time, after 6+ weeks of nightly use, skipping every third night, I've only used up may be a fourth of this 5mL tube. For now that's fine, but when it gets warmer I'll probably switch over to the Bio-Performance eye cream, which I assume is thinner, but we'll see.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts