Saturday, May 11, 2013

Shiseido The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

After getting so bored of my many a travel size bottles of Lancome Bi-Facil and Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips (*gasp* just realized I never reviewed this!), all I needed was an excuse to go buy a new makeup remover. Then came this Best of Shiseido Spring 2013 GWP and I ended up with this 125mL/4.2fl oz. bottle of Shiseido The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover. See, I'm full of excuses ^.^


Like the Lancome, Clinique, and Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover, this is a dual-layer liquid that needs to be shaken well before dispensing. Unlike the other three, underneath the bottle's twist on cap is a dispensing tip that allows you to control the amount by squeezing the bottle. I think this is a nice feature because it's spill proof with lots of control. It is scented with the same fragrance as the Hydro-Balancing Softener and the Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

If I have to rank among these 4 dual-layer liquid eye and lip makeup removers, it would be Lancome Bi-Facil first, then this Shiseido Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover, then Clinique Take the Day Off, and the Neutrogena Oil-Free one last. This Shiseido one is pretty good and removes my eye makeup with ease. 

Of course, like the other 3, it does leave behind some excess that I have to dab off. In fact, the only reason why it ranks after Lancome is that after dabbing off this excess, my eye area feels slightly dry, versus a touch more conditioned with Lancome. Then again, some people complain that the Lancome leaves behind too much of a slippery silicone-y residue. So if this is your complaint, and your skin is not sensitive to silicone (all 4 of these makeup removers are silicone base, I think) perhaps you should give this Shiseido one a try!


Best of Shiseido Spring 2013 GWP.

That square red glass bottle gets me every time! Grr.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts