Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense

Both hubby and I are a fan of Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, so when there was a 15mL Moisture Surge Intense deluxe sample in a GWP, I jumped for it. This GWP also included the Repairwear Laser Focus, All About Eyes Serum, and Chubby Stick 04 Mega Melon review previously.


"Intense" is about right with this cream. It's a thicker milky, almost opaque, pale pink cream than the original translucent pink gel-cream. Sure, it's still oil free and unscented, but it feels very rich going on. This would probably be awesome for folks with dry skin or those live in dry climates. I brought it with me to visit my folks and it was lovely as a daytime hydrator. That said, hubby didn't like this as much because it was too thick. I like it okay for day use, but for night use it's still not enough for the super dry winter at my folks. I haven't tried using it here in SF as I'm still finishing up Jurlique Herbal Recovery Night Cream. But when I'm done with that one I'll definitely circle back to this!

Anyway, I did an experiment way back when with the original Moisture Surge and found that if I were to apply that stuff underneath my usual Japanese sunscreen, the sunscreen will not set very well and gets greasy very quickly. However, if I were to apply Moisture Surge on top of the sunscreen, it makes the sunscreen set matte and keep it that way all day long.

Well, fast forward 4 years and I totally forgot about that little detail - I applied my sunscreen over this Moisture Surge Intense. Big, hug, gigantic mistake :X The sunscreen took forever and a half to set, and it got greasy within the hour! Sigh. Somebody needs to practice (or at least remember) what she preaches.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts