Friday, January 3, 2014

SkinMedica Dermal Repair Cream

For my short trip, the Phytomer Hydra Original Thirst-Relief Melting Cream was my daytime light moisturizer and this 7.4g/0.25oz. travel size tube of SkinMedica Dermal Repair Cream was my nighttime moisturizer. It came from the Dermstore Fall 2012 Super Luxe Grab Bag #4.

I have to say, I'm really enjoying these Dermstore mystery/grab bags! They're getting me to try (and like!) many products I would never know about otherwise. However, I'm less inclined to shell out the $35 for the monthly mystery bag from Blush.com, much less paying for a whole year's worth of subscription. That's a hell lot of skincare products! As you can see, I'm still getting through my 5 bags (4 Super Luxe and 1 Black Friday Mystery) from 2012!

Anyway, I was leaning towards the Phytomer Melting Cream for daytime use but wasn't sure since it also claims to be "intensely moisturizing". However, I tested their texture on the back of my hand, and clearly Phytomer had a lighter gel cream texture more suitable for the day.

This SkinMedica one is an opaque cream with a lighter texture than most cream, but it feels richer going on so I used it at night. In fact, I think it might even be rich enough for use here in SF! I should have brought it with me on my visit to my folks. That would have been a real test of whether it provides adequate moisture! Oh well.

This SkinMedica cream is scented with another fresh spring fragrance, although admittedly I liked the Phytopher's scent better. This SkinMedica scent clashes somewhat with the actual cream, so it had a slightly sour endnote. It wasn't intolerable or anything. Also, it might be that this tube is old. Remember, I bought it in the fall of 2012! Overall, I liked this but not enough to seek out and buy the full size like I did with Phytomer. 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts