Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Maikohan Loose Powder N

Been using these Maikohan Loose Powder N off and on for the past year since moving to SF. I love the UV Compact version which I've been using since 2009, so these were a must-try for me. There are 2 sizes for this loose powder, Small and Large. The Small jar has 10g of product that comes in 2 colors Sakura and Natural. The Large jar has 30g of product, and like the compact it's only available in Sakura.

Bottom 2 photos taken indoor with flash. All other pictures taken in natural light without flash unless otherwise noted. 

This loose powder is lightly scented with a nice and feminine powder fragrance. I like it, because it's so mild and after going on, it's pretty much disappears. The powder itself is very finely milled, but like Lavshuca Face Powder, they're better suited for more humid climate. They're slightly thicker than Lavshuca actually, so I wouldn't say these are completely transparent powders. 

Small jar Sakura (translucent pinky fine shimmers) and Natural (translucent matte). Second photo taken indoor with flash.

- Sakura: a translucent slightly pink tinted powder with very fine shimmers for a subtle glow. So like the DHC Q10 Face Powder in Transparent 01 (transparent shimmer), Pink 01 and Yellow 01, I use this on my under eye area, mouth area, and chin, and avoid the t-zones. I reach for this one on humid but gray, misty, or foggy days.

And although I forgot to grab the large jar in Sakura before I left Japan, lucky me stumbled onto one sold at the Nijiya Supermarket in Japantown! It was on sale, and there was only one left, so I nabbed it of course ^.^ It's huge, having 3 times the amount as the small jar and comes with 2 puffs, one for each cheek. I think I'm just going to use this as a refill for my small jar, because the small jar is so cute and tiny it stores well and travels easily. The large jar does not. Oh well, can't have my cake and eat it too!

Ingredients for the Sakura powder.

- Natural: this is a translucent matte powder and although it's supposedly "natural," it turns out to be quite yellow tinted. I mean, it even looks yellow! Anyway, thankfully it's translucent, so the yellow doesn't show unless I layer it on, which I don't. I use this on my nose, forehead, under the cheekbones, and the jaw areas. Admittedly, I don't reach for this one as often as I do for the Sakura.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts