Tuesday, January 7, 2014

DHC Q10 Face Powder Part III

My stash of highlighters and brightening powders gets heaviest usage during the gloomy winter months, and I've been reaching for these DHC Q10 Face Powders in Pink 01 and Yellow 01 a lot lately. I've had these for a long long long time and have been using them off and on but never remember to review them until now :(

All pictures taken indoor with flash.

Like the Transparent 01 (transparent shimmer), the Pink 01 and Yellow 01 both have very fine shimmers in them for a subtle glow. And of course, the Pink 01 is pink tinted for days when my complexion is ashy and the Yellow 01 is yellow tinted for days when I'm too pinky or red. And they are both transparent, as in no coverage whatsoever. Just brightening finishing powders.

Because of the shimmers, fine as they are, I don't use these (or the Transparent 01 for that matter) on my t-zones. I use these for the area under my eyes and above my cheek bones, around my mouth area, and my chin. They do a pretty good job of brighten up my eyes and light up my face in general, which is why I use them most often during the winter when everything is so...gray. 

Over all, I like all 4 of my DHC Q10 Powders a lot. They don't settle into fine lines or get cakey. They're slightly more moisturizing than your average loose powder, which means they don't emphasize flakes or dry areas. Whenever I visit my parents, these are the loose powders I bring with me, whereas the Lavshuca Face Powders are more suitable for humid climate. I will definitely repurchase whenever I run out, but as you can see, it's 6 years and counting and I still haven't ran out yet! 

Pink 01 and Yellow 01.

See my previous posts:
DHC Q10 Face Powder
DHC Q10 Face Powder Part II

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts