Monday, March 31, 2014

Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer

This mini 5.5g/0.19oz. tube of Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer was part of a palette my friend A. bought. Since she already has the full size of this primer, she passed this mini one on to me ^.^ I happen to be on an eye primer kick lately, trying out several other brands so I was more than happy for this little tube. Thanks A.!

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

This primer is unscented and comes out of the tube a pale ochre soft cream not unlike any other moisturizing face cream, only it's an eye shadow primer :) And like a face cream it spreads well and I need only a tiny little dot for each eye, which I apply using Stila Large Concealer Brush #11 (excellent for application of eye base/primers by the way, due to its width and the fact that it's Taklon and meant for use with creams and liquids). At the rate I'm using and the amount I need each time, this mini tube is probably going to last me for a year! 

Anyway, the primer dries quickly to an invisible layer, at least on me. The swatch below is done very liberally and as you can see, it's translucent even with a thick layer. And being translucent it doesn't provide any coverage at all, unlike other eye primers that even out the lids. The only thing this does is smoothing out the skin on my lids and perhaps adding a slight brightening effect but that's it. This primer works very well for a powder shadows but doesn't hold up at all on my oily lids with liquid/gel/cream shadows on top. Will not purchase the full size.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I have only used UD primer potion,Nars and Etude proff10 and the only one that I liked was the Etude one.

I have oily lids too(and hooded) plus I have to use a not friendly for oily lids sunblock(LRP anthelios) and the Etude one work very well.

True I will love to use the wonderful Japanese sunscreen but I have sun intolerance and they are not strong enough :(

Cheers!!

D. said...

Hi Ann,

Wow, you just made a convincing case for Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer and I'm now buying myself a bottle ^.^ I have oily lids and I need a no-budge eye primer! Thanks Ann!

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts