Monday, September 1, 2014

Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Softener Enriched

In addition to Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam, I also started using this 25mL/0.84fl oz. bottle of White Lucent Brightening Softener Enriched. This is a moisturizing and "whitening" toner for night use, and the instructions say to soak a cotton and wipe your face with it but I just pat it on instead.

This toner is now called "Brightening Balancing Softener Enriched W," and there are both a "regular" version of it as well as a "Brightening Toning Lotion." The enriched version is for dry skin, the "regular" version is for normal to oily, and the "Brightening Toning Lotion" apparently has a cooling sensation for a "refreshing feel." Right, okay, that totally justifies the $48 price tag per 150mL bottle. Ha.



Anyway, I do admit this enriched version is very nice, at least I like it much much better than the Benefiance Balancing Softener Enriched I used a long time ago before I even started this blog (and good thing I couldn't review it then because I would have shredded it to bits - I dumped that whole bottle down the drain because it broke me out horribly!). It's scented with the same fresh flowery fragrance as the rest of the White Lucent line, and thankfully it's dry where I am and so the toner isn't too sticky and does absorb completely after 5 minutes or so. This means it would probably be much stickier and take longer to absorb in a more humid environment, where perhaps the Brightening Toning Lotion with its cooling sensation would be better? 

The enriched softener is, well, quite rich and moisturizing. After toning, I follow with White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion and this combination keeps my skin nice and soft. Only on days when I feel like an alligator would I layer on some Caudalie Vinoperfect Renewal Night Cream (finally finished up the tube last night!) or HABA Squalane Beauty Oil (I don't know if I will ever finish this bottle :X).

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts