Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Visee Glossy Rich Eyes

So my excitement with the recent Visee Glam Glow Eyes has resulted in three Glossy Rich Eyes palettes in the colors BR-5 Gold Brown, GR-8 Khaki, and PU-4 Purple. These come in a cute shiny dark compacts with a Victorian oval picture frame window.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I've read that these Glossy Rich Eyes and the previous Glam Glow Eyes are quite similar, which was what prompted me to try these to begin with. Sure enough, they have very similar texture, namely the drier "glossy" cream base at top left (versus the lower left in the Glam Glow Eyes, used as a sparkling liner for the inner corners). The rest of the three colors are similarly smooth, silky, and somewhat damp to the touch. Sadly these aren't as metallic as some of the Glam Glow Eyes are, with the highlighter/lid shade (top right) and medium crease shade (bottom left) being semi-metallics at best. However, to make up for the lack of metallics they all are exceptionally well-pigmented for drugstore eyeshadows, holy cow! See the swatches for yourself! Anyway, after trying these, I'm definitely getting the limited edition palettes in the Urban Winterland collection ^.^

- BR-5 Gold Brown: despite the name Gold Brown this is a neutral brown palette, and it's not because of the obvious blue-wash in these pictures (that's the problem with my many windows, either my pictures are yellow-washed from the sun, or blue-washed from the sky, sigh... -.-"). I wore this to a company party last week and it lasted all night without any creasing at all.

Clockwise from top left:
- Cream base: pearl, low intensity. A nice cream color. For some reason, this is the "driest" cream base out of the three, feeling like a powder almost.
- Highlighter/lid: shimmer, low intensity. A shimmery peach.
- Liner: satin with floating shimmers, high intensity. A bitter chocolate.
- Medium/crease: semi metallic, high intensity. A gorgeous and pigmented burnt gold that I really really wish was fully metallic. Oh well, still gorgeous ^.^

- GR-8 Khaki: ...and of course this palette is not green khaki at all! In fact, I find the color combination in this palette rather unusal, paring a pale canary yellow with smoky hunter green and a deep purplish brown.

Clockwise from top left:
- Cream base: pearl, very sheer. A creamy ochre that's sheerer than the other two cream base, probably because it's also the "creamiest" cream base of the three.
- Highlighter/lid: shimmer, low intensity. A shimmery pale canary yellow.
- Liner: satin with floating shimmers, high intensity. A deep purplish brown. This color is super interesting and I'm not sure the description of deep purplish brown does it justice. But it's not your usual brown because it has some purple to it, but at the same time it's not entirely purple, or taupe, or gray. It's very...mysterious xD 
- Medium/crease: shimmery satin, high intensity. A pigmented smoky hunter green that I haven't seen very often, especially among Japanese eye shadows! Again, I wish this shade was metallic, but I'm not complaining :P

- PU-4 Purple: a cool taupe and candy purple combination. This candy purple is not usually seen among Japanese eye shadows either, so I'm happy I have it.

Clockwise from top left:
- Cream base: pearl, low intensity. An off white that's in between the other two bases, not too dry like BR-5 but not too creamy like GR-8 either.
- Highlighter/lid: shimmer, low intensity. This color is so neat I really really wish it was metallic - it's a taupey smoke tinged with lavender. How cool is that?!?
- Liner: satin with floating shimmers, high intensity. A deep purplish taupe brown. This color is definitely taupey, versus the mysterious purplish brown absent of taupe in the GR-8 palette.
- Medium/crease: semi metallic, high intensity. A pigmented and vivid candy purple. I want to call it periwinkle but it's not blue enough I think.

4 comments:

m said...

These are so pretty! I love Visee shadows. :)

D. said...

Hi m,

Me too ^.^ I think I love their older line more, but I'm not complaining!

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

Wow, pretty! I especially like the last palette, but I suspect it would be too cool for me,

D. said...

Hi kuri,

Yes, the PU-4 is quite cool, even for me, especially that candy purple that leans periwinkle.

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts