Yes, more Koyudo brushes ^.^ These are some of the brushes I bought right before the price increase took place. The prices listed below are new prices, so I feel like a bandit having made off with a loot xD Anyway, after taking these pictures they all went into my summer wash (right picture), which included all brushes purchased before July 2014.
In this batch, from left to right: BP013, BP018, BP022, Red Blush, Red Shader, and Red Angled Brow.
- BP013 Goat Hakutotsuho, 5,760JPY: I was iffy about getting this brush but I'm so so so so thankful I went with it. Why? Because this brush is phenomenal and if you're hesitating, stop. You need it! Read on and see why. I would have paid much more than 5,760JPY so even this new price is quite a deal for such an awesome brush.
The very first thing you'll probably notice is the shape. The brush looks nothing like the pictures shown on CDJapan! Online it looks very rounded when it's actually rather squared, at least before washing :P Another thing the pictures don't portray is how dense this brush is, think a very slightly less dense fu-pa02 with a much bigger brush head and longer hair, which means more spring. This density makes it an excellent powder foundation brush. If your fu-pa01 or fu-pa02 is giving too heavy a coverage, this brush will fix that. If you have a translucent powder and you want to build up to a little bit of coverage, this brush will do that too. Oh, and did I mention it's super duper soft? Yeah, it feels like saikoho hair. I absolutely love it and I've been using it a lot with my translucent sunscreen powders ^.^
So I kind of lied about this brush being rather squared. Look what happened after I washed it! It turned into a gigantic puff ball and is rounded both from the front as well as the sides LOL
- BP022 Gray Squirrel, 9,450JPY: I pretty much bought this brush to use interchangeably with fu-pa14 for mineral powders or those with thick coverage, as the squirrel hair totally sheers it out. Sure, it'll take a few more strokes because this brush doesn't cover as much surface area as the fu-pa14, but hey it's softer :P The smaller brush head is actually beneficial because I can get pretty close to my lower lash line without poking myself in the eyes =.=" And holy cow it's sooooooft, and it blends my thicker mineral sunscreen powders into a flawless translucent finish. Love.
- Red Blush Gray Squirrel, 8,250JPY: I bought this brush to use interchangeably with the BP018 above and as expected, it does exactly what the BP018 does. Enough said. And as with the BP018, it's also insanely soft. I can just pet these brushes all day LOL!
So I'll confess that I was slightly disappointed when I got both brushes in the mail. They looked identical out of the package, feels like the same density, and they even have the same price! But then I put them up side by side and saw small differences. For example, whereas BP018 is rounded at the front and the sides, the Red Blush is wider towards the top, somewhat flatter at the crown but is totally tapered from the side. Either way, after washing their differences became much more pronounced. The BP018 poofs out and became even rounder on the front and sides, while the Red Blush fans out even wider at the front but lost some tapering on the side due to the poofiness. I love both so I'm not complaining ^.^
BP018 vs. Red Blush before washing (top row) and after washing (bottom row).
- Red Shader Gray Squirrel, 4,050JPY: I own the bigger version, the Red Large Shader, so this was a must have for me. I'm putting together a brush comparison post next so you can see how these Red Large and Medium Shaders compare to BP029 and BP033.
- Red Angled Brow Water Badger, 2,640JPY: I bought this to use interchangeably with BP046. Love it! Will include these in the comparison post also.
More to come! Yes, even more! ^.^
See my previous posts:
- Koyudo Brushes
- Koyudo Brushes Part II
- Koyudo Brushes Part III
- Koyudo Brushes Part IV
- Koyudo Brushes Part V
- My Koyudo Favorites (as of end of February, 2015, as you can see my list of favorites will keep growing ^.^)