Now that I got the newest Koyudo brushes out of the way, I present to you a list of my Koyudo favorites, just in case you are considering slipping in an order before the new prices take effect. It goes without saying that these are my personal favorites, and my taste probably differ vastly from yours so weigh your decisions carefully.
I will list the brushes in order of the collection and then model number. Click on the brush name to see more pictures and reviews. There are several without photos and reviews. Those brushes aren't here yet, which means I haven't actually used them yet. However, I listed them here anyway - I bought them because I already own the smaller/larger version and love it, or I'm almost certain I will love them.
For each brush, I will also list the current as well as the upcoming new price in Italics, as it may help to see which can wait and which cannot. That said, keep in mind the new prices are inclusive of Japanese sales tax, so the CDJapan price may be a tad lower, though not much so don't hold your breath =.=.
- fu-pa01 Goat Sokoho, 4,457 => 5,961JPY
- fu-pa02 Goat Hakutotsuho, 3,505 => 4,665JPY
- fu-pa10-p S Goat & Synthetic, 2,800 => 3,628JPY
- fu-pa11-p Goat & Synthetic, 2,200 => 2,851JPY
- fu-pa13-p S Goat, 4,200 => 5,443JPY
I don't have a review for it right now, but see Sonia's detailed posts here and here.
- fu-pa14 Ena White Series Gray Squirrel & Goat, 6,000 => 9,720JPY
- H Series White Kinoko Saikoho Goat Cherry Wood Handle, 11,000 => I don't see this brush on the Koyudo Japanese website (unless I'm blind and totally missed it somehow...), which probably means it's no longer available, so whatever stock CDJapan has is it...
- H Series H007 Kinoko Wood Gray Squirrel & Goat Sokoho, 5,300 => 8,586JPY
From owning the fu-pa14 above and the Sakura022 below, both of which also have gray squirrel and goat hair, I just know it's going to be good ^.^ Sonia also has a review for the same brush in the Pink handle.
- H Series H012 Fan Gray Squirrel & Goat Sokoho, 7,200 => 11,664JPY
Same logic as above, as I already know this mix of hair is going to be a hit.
- Red Blush Gray Squirrel, 6,050 => Not sold separately on Koyudo Japanese online shop. See more details on these Red brushes below. I bought this as well as the BP018 and BP022 below because I love the smaller version BP025.
- Red Large Shader Gray Squirrel, 3,630 => Not sold separately on Koyudo Japanese online shop.
That said, the full 8-Piece Set (top) currently goes for 42,800JPY on CDJapan, while the Koyudo Japanese online shop offers a 5-Piece Set (bottom 2 photos) for 61,562JPY!
***Stock photos from CDJapan (not affiliated!!!) and Koyudo JP.
These are the exact same brushes, only the 5-Piece Set is without:
1. Medium Powder Brush with round ferrule, current price 10,010JPY.
2. Pointed Eye Shadow Brush with round ferrule, current price 2,090JPY.
3. I'm guessing (because it doesn't say, but it sure looks like it) this is the M Portable Series M008 Retractable Lip Brush Red, 1,800 => 1,944JPY.
So if you're eyeing this set, definitely jump for it at CDJapan (not affiliated!) because you're getting 3 extra brushes for a whole 18,762JPY/~USD157 LESS!!! Yes, you read that right. Follow the links above if you don't believe me. It's nuts, I know. I don't want to deal with the 2 big squirrel powder brushes, otherwise I would have grabbed this whole set in a heartbeat.
- Red Medium Shader Gray Squirrel, 2,970 => Not sold separately on Koyudo Japanese online shop. I bought this brush because I own the Large version above and I love it.
- Sakura022 Gray Squirrel & Goat Sokoho, 4,700 => I don't see it listed on Koyudo Japanese website, probably means it's no longer available, so whatever stock CDJapan has is it...
BP HIGH CLASS COLLECTION
- BP013 Goat Hakutotsuho, 4,800 => 6,220JPY
Because I own the BP014 and I love it ^.^ See Sonia's review for BP013 here, here, and here.
- BP014 Goat Hakutotsuho, 2,800 => 3,628JPY
- BP016 Goat Saikoho, 4,200 => 5,443JPY
- BP018 Gray Squirrel, 5,500 => 8,910JPY
Because I own the smaller BP025 below and I love it ^.^
- BP020 Goat Sokoho, 3,800 => 4,924JPY
- BP022 Gray Squirrel, 6,300 => 10,206JPY
Because it's gray squirrel in a small and super dense flat top, unlike the big and fluffy powder brushes. See Sonia's review for this brush here.
- BP025 Gray Squirrel, 3,900 => 5,475JPY
- BP027 Kolinsky, 4,000 => 5,184JPY
- BP029 Gray Squirrel, 3,300 => 4,633JPY
- BP033 Gray Squirrel, 2,700 => 3,790JPY
- BP034 Kolinsky, 3,000 => 3,888JPY
- BP046 Badger Parmi, 2,000 => 2,592JPY
C STANDARD COLLECTION
- C008 Weasel, 1,600 => 2,073JPY
- C010 Pony, 1,400 => 1,814JPY
- C011 Goat, 1,300 => 1,684JPY
- C019 Goat & Synthetic, 2,800 => 3,628JPY
PR PURIN COLLECTION
- Pr004 Goat Sokoho & Synthetic, 2,200 => 2,851JPY
- Pr005 Goat Sokoho & Synthetic, 1,800 => 2,332JPY
I've been collecting these Canmake Cream Cheek since they came out, skipping only 06 Nut Cream because it was too brown for my taste. T...
I'm not sure why, but it took forever for these Canmake Lip & Cheek Gel SPF24 PA+ to show up at the drugstores in my neighborhood....
So the US dollar has been going strong against the Japanese yen in the past several months. Right now, the exchange rate is about where it w...
Nowadays, I don't even have time to wear waterproof sunscreen milks anymore as they take a few minutes to dry. Instead, I just slap on ...
Adding to my Canmake Stay-On Balm Rouge collection, here are three new (staining) Tint Types in T01 Little Anemone , T02 Happy Tulip , an...
Having finished up my second 15mL/0.5fl. oz. bottle of Caudalie Divine Oil , I dug around my stash and found this tiny 4mL/0.1fl. oz. dropp...
It really surprised me how long a 3.75mL/0.13fl. oz. dropper bottle of Vivierskin C E Peptides lasted, from mid June up until last week! I...
Being a loyal fan of Canmake Cream Cheeks , I dutifully tried and love the Lip & Cheek Gels as well. So when these Cream Cheek Tints ...
This Wander Beauty Exquisite Eye Liquid Shadow in Champagne is part of the Secret Escape Kit that I'd picked up on a whim. Wander Be...
While I was out in Ginza swatching Lunasol Feathery Smoky Eyes , I also stopped by the Suqqu counter to swatch the Extra Glow Lipsticks i...