Friday, February 6, 2015

Maquillage Eye Color N Part V

Last two pieces of Maquillage Eye Color N that I've own for a while now but never got around to even open them up, much less try and post about them. Sadly, over the years Maquillage has greatly downsized this entire collection of eye color singles, going from at least a few dozen choices to just 8 colors (5 lid shades, 3 medium crease shades), 3 highlighters, 3 cream bases, and 2 cream liners.

The two Eye Color N's featured below are Cream Bases, BE213 and RS217, with BE213 still available while RS217 discontinued.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I guess one of the reasons I never got around to try these was that, well, I don't often reach for cream bases. I do use eye primers and cream liners, but cream bases are totally hit and miss for me. And sadly, they're more misses than hits. I have my super oily lids to thank for that, so I've been really reluctant to try these out (don't ask why I bought them to begin with...).

Anyway, these Maquillage cream eye colors feel drier to the touch, so I was hopeful they would last on me, but nope :( I tried them just by themselves without any primer underneath or any powder shadow on top, and they creased after about 2 hours. Perhaps what I'll do next is to apply primer first, then a powder wash, as I did with the cream color/base in Paul & Joe Eye Color Set CS. I doubt that will make any difference, but here's to hopes and dreams ^.^

BE213: a golden champagne with a pearly finish. After blending it's a sheer wash of champagne. Very pretty.

RS217: a cool shell pink, again with a pearly finish. After blending it's a sheer wash of pink-tinted white. 

BE213 and RS217.

See my previous posts:
Maquillage Eye Color & Eye Color N
- Maquillage Eye Color Part II
- Maquillage Eye Color Part III
- Maquillage Eye Color Part IV
Maquillage Eye Color N Part II
Maquillage Eye Color N Part III
Maquillage Eye Color N Part IV

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts