Sunday, February 15, 2015

Moist Labo BB Mineral Foundation SPF40 PA++

Moist Labo BB Mineral Foundation SPF40 PA++ is a loose powder foundation that comes in two shades, 01 Natural Beige and 03 Natural Ochre (not sure what happened to #02 ^.^). I bought the 01 Natural Beige with my fingers crossed, and thankfully it works out ^.^

Ever since I waded into loose powder territory, I found that the boundary of their functions blurs a bit. After all, the couple of criteria I had were: 1 - it's a loose powder, and 2 - it has high-ish SPF, although I've broken this rule a couple of times already, picking up powders with meager SPF20+. My current makeup routine calls for 2 rounds of powder, the first dusting to set the bb cream I apply as concealer and highlighter around the nose/mouth area and under the eyes, and the second and last dusting as finishing touch.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


The first dusting is flexible. Depends on whether I'm having a bad skin day, I use interchangeably translucent powders, like UV Lab Mineral PowderMedia Pressed PowderMaikohan UV Compact Powder and Loose Powder NDHC Q10 Face Powder in Transparent 00 Matte and 01 ShimmerLavshuca Face PowderShiseido the Makeup Luminizing Color PowderClinique Blended Face Powder Invisible Blend, etc., as well as those with some coverage, like Parasola UV Mineral BB PowderClear Last UV Loose Face PowderLavshuca Loose Powder Foundation, etc. For the second dusting I stick to translucents only.

This Moist Labo powder is unscented. The main sunscreen ingredients are titanium dioxide (酸化チタン) and zinc oxide (酸化亜鉛), but again concentrations are unknown. As it is a powder foundation and does provide some coverage, I use it for the first dusting only. Despite looking pretty dark inside the jar, the color 01 Natural Beige matches me pretty well, if not exactly. It fares much better than the Clear Last UV powder. Whereas Clear Last UV was too moisturizing, this one stays on seamlessly, without ever turning shiny or settling into fine lines. Love! 

Moist Labo also makes a BB+ Loose Powder SPF25 PA++. I honestly don't know what the difference here between these two sister powders, but this one is working out so well I'm totally tempted to try the other one also ^.^

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts