Sunday, February 8, 2015

Parasola UV Mineral BB Powder SPF50+ PA+++

Among my recent sunscreen powder obsession is this Parasola UV Mineral BB Powder SPF50+ PA+++. There are actually quite a few pressed powder compacts out there with high SPF protection. I mostly prefer loose powder but was game to try a pressed version, and while at it I picked up a second one for sis in law to try too, since she's only tried the loose powder version also.   

All pictures taken in natural light without flash. 

I keep this compact in my bag for use on the road. I don't have a nice fan brush to keep inside the compact, so I use the included puff, although I would definitely recommend using a brush over the puff. The compact itself is somewhat bulky and thick, and for reason I don't understand. The puff fits perfectly in the lower half of the compact, so the upper half with the mirror is empty. 

The powder is free of fragrance, mineral oil, alcohol, and paraben. The main sun protection ingredients are titanium dioxide (酸化チタン), zinc oxide (酸化亜鉛), octinoxate (メトキシケイヒ酸エチルヘキシル), and uvinul a+ (ジエチルアミノヒドロキシベンゾイル安息香酸ヘキシル). The powder itself only comes in 1 color, which technically means it should be translucent. However, I found that it does provide some coverage. If I were to over apply, it would leave a caky appearance, although I blame the puff more so for the uneven application. This powder stays on fine for the rest of my face, but it does settle into fine lines in the t-zone, around the corners of my nose as well as the area around my mouth, especially the laugh lines. I'll try to apply it with a brush next time and see if it still cakes. If it does, then I'd say it's the powder and not the puff that's at fault.

7 comments:

kuri said...

These powders are interesting, but I haven't worked powder into my "routine" (or lack-thereof) yet :P

D. said...

Yeah, I have only purchased one other mineral pressed powder sunscreen and will probably stop there. I'm really not a fan of pressed powders, so I figured I'd better stick with what I like, which is loose powders ^.^

Cheers,
D.

Unknown said...

Did you apply it with a brush? Was it ok?

Unknown said...

Did you apply it with a brush? Was it better? Did you like it or the powder was bad?

D. said...

Hi Jhewel Optillusion,

Yes, I did try it with a brush and got the same result :( So I conclude that it's the powder itself, unfortunately.

Do you have this powder? Does it work for you?

D.

Unknown said...

I was thinking of buying it, but after your review 8 am having second thoughts...

D. said...

Hi Jhewel Optillusion,

Are you looking for a pressed powder specifically? Would a loose powder do? I'm asking because while I didn't like this particular powder, there are a few other loose powders I would wholeheartedly recommend.

Let me know!

D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts