Thursday, September 7, 2017

L'Occitane Divine Youth Oil

Having finished up my second 15mL/0.5fl. oz. bottle of Caudalie Divine Oil, I dug around my stash and found this tiny 4mL/0.1fl. oz. dropper bottle of L'Occitane Divine Youth Oil. Like an idiot, I proceeded to slather it all over my belly and my butt after showering. Divine Oil, Divine Youth Oil, they're all the same, right?


Of course my first reaction was, hmm, this smells different than the other Divine Oil. In fact, I recognized the scent. So I took a better look at what I was using, finally, and realized this stuff is totally different. Why does being a mom make me so silly? Pssst, it's the lack of sleep...

Turns out this is a face oil from L'Occitane's Immortelle line, and I know the scent because I'd tried several items from this line before (Brightening Shield, Essential Water, Cleansing Foam, Brightening Essence, and Divine Extract). So yeah, I've been slathering an expensive face oil ($99 for 30mL/1fl. oz.!) on my belly and my butt =.=" Woops.

On my body, this is a nice and light oil, lighter than the Caudalie oil even! Now whether it fights "visible signs of aging" or gives my belly and butt a "youthful glow," I'll never know, but it does moisturize my skin pretty well without leaving any trace of itself. No greasiness whatsoever and it disappears completely upon application. In short, I like it on my body. On my face though, it's a whole different animal. I applied two drops to my face and neck before going to bed one night and woke up to an oil spill. Yuck. So it was destined for my belly and butt after all :P

Divine Youth Oil:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Squalane, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Helichrysum Italicum Flower Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Myrtus Communis Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Citral, Citronellol.
***List of ingredients from Sephora USA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least your belly and butt smells nice. ... feels like Devine youth.

D. said...

Hi anonymous,

The scent dissipates pretty quickly though, and I guess I don't want it to stick around for too long anyway. Oh well, at least upon application it smells nice :)

^.^
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts