Saturday, May 23, 2009

Silk Whitia Collagen Moisturizing & Nourishing Eye Mask

I've never ever heard of the brand Silk Whitia before, but I was browsing Sasa.com several weeks ago, and a bunch of their masks were on sale, buy 1 get 1 free, so I thought, heck, why not? I'm always open to trying new stuff, and these masks had decent reviews on Sasa, so I bought one of them to try - the Silk Whitia Collagen Moisturizing & Nourishing Eye Mask.



The packaging is the same size as a face mask's, so I was curious to what this eye mask would look like coming out of the pack. Well, let's just say it's a mask for entire eye area, not just the under eye area - think the mask of Zorro. Yeah, it was probably the biggest eye mask I'd ever seen :D

That's not to say I didn't like it. It had a nice scent, not too perfumy. It stayed on pretty well and easy to apply, no slippin' slidin' here. However, I should mention that it should be removed before it completely dries, after 20 minutes or so. If you let it dry completely, it will dry to a hard, glue-like plaster and will stick tight to your skin, sort of like the Biore nose strip. And while there's nothing wrong with the Biore nose strip, just remember that this Zorro mask goes over your entire eye area, eye brows and all, so unless you want to let this mask reshape your arches, I don't recommend letting it dry completely and remove it while it's still damp.

Over all, the mask was okay, nothing too impressive. My eye area was comfortable enough afterwards, although since it was so dry in my apartment I applied some eye cream anyways. May be this is a mask meant for use during the humid summer and not so much the dry winter if you have dry combination skin like me. Also, I'm guessing Silk Whitia going to be similar to Skin Lite and their masks are hit and miss. There are a dozen or so different Silk Whitia masks so you'll have to try them all out until you find the one you like. I think I'm going to get a few whitening ones for my mum if they're still buy 1 get 1 free :D

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts