Saturday, August 22, 2009

Olay Age Defying Revitalizing Eye Gel

Aside from the Avon Hydrofirming Eye Cream, I finally found another eye cream for day use that doesn't melt my waterproof sunscreen - Olay Age Defying Revitalizing Eye Gel.

Of course I haven't tried all the eye creams out there, but I'm glad to have found a replacement for the Avon Hydrofirming, for now. I'd used the Avon cream faithfully for a few years and simply wanted to move on to give other eye creams out there in the world a chance. I have my eyes on a few others as well, in case I get tired of this Olay eye gel :D



I have to say though, so far, this Olay eye gel has been great! As you can see, it's a clear gel, but it's decently moisturizing. It absorbs pretty quickly too, so I don't have to wait long before applying sunscreen. Keep in mind I'm only looking for a moisturizing product, so I can't really comment on the "reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles" claim. What I will say, and perhaps it is just my imagination, is that the gel seems to brighten up my eye area and I no longer come into the office looking delirious every morning. Granted, a few weeks back while I was still using the Avon eye cream (before my vacation, visiting my parents), I was delirious, so I actually don't know if it's just me surviving another busy season or it's the Olay eye gel.



Texture wise, the eye gel is a bit, umm, slippery and a tad stickier than a gel should be. That said, once applied, it is not sticky on the skin. Phew! It is fragrance free, just as claimed on the Olay USA page for this product. Also, it has an unexpectedly short ingredients list that is alcohol free. Main ingredients include witch hazel, cucumber extract, which, I'm guessing, probably accounts for the slippery and sticky bit. If your skin is sensitive to colorant, fragrance, or alcohol, but can tolerate witch hazel, this eye gel is worth a good try.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts