Monday, August 3, 2009

Etude House Moistfull Eye Essence

I've been eyeing Etude House's Moistfull skincare line for a long time and was on the market for a nice but light eye treatment I could use during the day. This Moistfull Eye Essence looked like it fit the bill so I decided to give this a try.



First off, what impressed me was that it came in a nice glass bottle with a sanitizing pump dispenser with lid (and shrink wrapped, if that matters for some). It had a very light runny lotion-like texture, so by all means it was an eye essence and not a cream. If you're looking for a thicker eye cream, this won't do. However, that is not to say this essence was not moisturizing. It was supposed to contain baobab and soybean extract (I don't actually have a list of ingredients to see what else's in it, unfortunately) and was very moisturizing and hydrating! In fact, it was so moisturizing it, um, dissolved even my waterproof sunscreen, which I do wear on my lids, so I can't wear it during the day anymore. Woopsidoo.

But it made an excellent night time treatment for my eyes, so I use this at night now instead of my thicker eye cream :D It is so hot and humid right now that storing this good stuff in my fridge makes it an awesome treat for my eyes at night. And the next morning, my eyes would always be nice and delicately cared for. Because of its runny texture, I use about a half a pump for both eyes and even then, that would already be a very liberal application. The eye essence always goes on well and sinks right in, that's just how light it is! It is scented with the usual light scent that comes with all the Moistfull skincare products and it doesn't bother me or my eyes at all.

All in all, this is an excellent moisturizing and hydrating essence for eyes, but I don't know if it does anything else other than that since I bought it only for its light texture, moisturizing, and hydrating properties. One thing is for sure though - it is great value for the money :) The glass bottle contains 30 mL's worth of this stuff for only $15!

6 comments:

plue said...

i had been looking at this several times now, but not sure if I shud buy it since i am looking for something that will help diminish my dark circles, but maybe i shud give this go for my dry lines? :D

thanks for the review!

D. said...

Hi plue!

You are very welcome :)

I don't think this does anything for dark circles, at least not that I've seen with my dark circles :D

As for the moisturizing factor, I have dry skin and it works well for me. Is your skin dry or dry combination? It might be a bit too moisturizing for oily skin...

plue said...

Dalena,

Um, i have dry skin under my eyes, but the rest of my face are combination of dry and oily.

Should work you think?

D. said...

Hi plue,

I have dry combination skin too! Dry on cheeks and chin and oily on t-zones.

If you want to make doubly sure, the best way is to try it first. Is there an Etude House counter or store where you can get a sample to try first before buying?

Unfortunately, Etude House isn't readily available where I live so my only source is Ebay, which means no samples. Whenever I want to try something, I'd have to take the plunge and just buy the full size. I guess I could buy from Gmarket and pay retail price (which should be a fraction of what I paid on Ebay!), but the darn website doesn't work with my Mac... :( When an item I bought turned out to not work with my skin, I just give it away to my mum, so in the end, at least somebody is happy :)

plue said...

Dalena,

Yeap, EH is quite near to me and I have tried them before, but on hands, not on my face, I guess I will give this a go once my eye stuff finishes :D

I can't buy this right now as I have tonnes of eye stuff to finish :( So many bought, but only 1 or 2 worked :(

D. said...

Hi plue!

Wow - I envy you! I'd stalk the Etude House counter if it was near me. There are so many things I want to try from them...

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts