Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Anderson Soap Company Celsius Shea Butter Soap

Yet another hit from Anderson Soap Company, the Celcius Shea Butter Soap! I am absolutely enjoying every wash of my hands, and trust me, I wash my hands frequently (but not obsessively, mind you)! I did go back to Dennis's Etsy store to buy another bar, but the listing was gone :( Turns out this particular is only offered occasionally. It wasn't limited edition or seasonal, just infrequent offering, I guess. Damn. I'm keeping an eye out for it, definitely.


***Picture from Anderson Soap Company via Etsy.

These were the description provided on the Etsy listing: "This is a masculine scent. Its a mossy scent with hints of balsam and honeysuckle, the scent is very refreshing and woodsy." Hmm...although I wasn't sure what would constitute "masculine" and "woodsy", I bought the bar anyway. I mean, how could I not - it was beautiful to look at!



Once the bar arrived in the mail, I took a whiff and thought, yeah, the listing was right. It smelled woodsy alright, just like a bark of wood, literally. So I, erm, put it away for a while, not so thrilled with it at the time. Then we used up our soap so I asked hubby to go pick out our next bar. Well, out of a cabinet shelf stacked full of soaps, guess what hubby picked - this very Celsius Shea Butter Soap!



Grudgingly, I plopped the bar onto my dish soap and washed my hand. Boy was I wrong for doubting this nifty little bar. I guess what I smelled initially was the scent of the soap through its plastic packaging and that messed with my nose a little. The actual soap smelled soooooooo good! It was a woodsy scent, but rather than the dry and moldy sort I detected at first, it was instead a warm and calming scent, with note of floral even, that reminded me of a beautiful green outdoor scenery.


***Picture from my in-laws' backyard, as in they walk out their back porch to this and not in a sense that they live somewhere near the area. Dead serious. The picture, in fact, was taken from their kitchen balcony.

Anyhoo, the Celsius bar's scent grew on me with each wash, so much that I would totally disagree with the Etsy listing describing this scent "masculine." It was pretty unisex to me. Of course, the super duper smooth and creamy lather, fitting for a bar of shea butter soap, helped a whole lot! And it didn't dry out my hands at all!



However, with all of its perfection, the soap is not without fault. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me at first, but the artsy dark chocolate brown ribbon that adorned the surface of the soap - it had glitter in it. Yes, turquoise blue glitter. I was definitely annoyed. I do love sparkles and shines, but I very much dislike glitter, especially in soaps, and adult-looking soaps, no less! I thought it didn't add anything to the bar, and fortunately it was contained within just the ribbon or it would have ruined it for me. As soon as the ribbon was washed off, the glitter were gone too. Phew!

I definitely will buy this bar of soap again, but that is only because the scent is lovely enough to distract me until the glitter goes away. If the glitter ever makes a disappearing act from the soap itself (ahem! *hint*hint*), this Celsius bar will probably become stocking stuffer for my entire family. And close friends. And probably my colleagues too.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts