Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lavshuca Press Color Powder

These Lavshuca Press Color Powders are old and were discontinued a few years ago, but only recently did I started using them. Talking about catching up with the time :X These came in pretty white pearly compacts with pink iridescent sheen. A mirror and a small brush were included but I didn't use the brush at all. There were 3 colors available: YL-1, PK-1, and BE-1, but to be honest I'm not sure what was the point of the "colors".



The powder inside was divided into 2 color blocks, the left block was a pale powder that perhaps was meant to be a highlighter with some shimmers that were not really visible at all. And regardless whether the left block or the entire compact, I think both failed as a highlighter anyway. Upon application, it brightened a little, but mostly it was just an okay translucent powder and nothing more. The right block was "colored" and matte. While it was supposed to provide *some* coverage, again it was so sheer that it was practically another translucent powder. So yeah, that was why I don't really get why they even bothered having different colors or separating into color blocks inside the compact.

The powder itself was just alright. It wasn't too chalky but a bit on the dry side and nowhere as soft as I would have preferred. It was definitely not the best translucent powder I've used, not even one of the better translucent powders I have. So really, these Press Color Powder weren't highlighters but were not exactly translucent powders either and I guess in the end, I don't get the *whole* package!

- YL-1: pale ivory with some shimmers on the left, and matte, muted mustard-yellow on the right. Because individually they didn't make much of a difference, so I swirled them both together and sweep over my forehead to brighten things up just a tad.




- PK-1: pale powder pink with some shimmers on the left, and matte strawberry milk pink on the right. Again I swirl them both together and sweep underneath my eye area above the cheek bone for a wee bit of brightening.


No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts