Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Canmake Color Wishes

These Canmake Color Wishes may appear gimmicky to a lot of people, after all they're about the size of a quarter, yeah, itty bitty, but I like them! I only have 2 colors, and I don't plan on buying more or collecting any other colors, but I did like the 2 colors I have. They made perfect makeup for my lazy days, which is most of the time :P Oh, and they were great for travel too, due to their tiny size.

Their texture were decently soft but was sort of crummy, if that even makes sense. How can anything be soft and crummy at the same time, right? But they were, probably because of the densely packed shimmer content. And yes, these sparkles did fall out on me too, which is another turn off for most people. So why did I like them then? Probably because of how these 2 colors turn up on my skin. I didn't mind the glitter fall out because somehow, they ended up scattered on my cheekbones and gave me an unexpected highlighting effect. And they lasted really well with no creasing all day!


- 01 Sparkling Diamond: shimmery, very sheer. A silvery white that is pretty much translucent. On me it provided a veil of sparkles and that was it, exactly what I wanted :) So on my lazy days, I swiped this color on, brush on on some blush, and be done in a couple of a minutes. In the swatches below, I had to layer this color several times just so it shows up in the picture.


- 02 Pink Ruby: shimmer, low intensity. Now this color was amazing. It looks like a carnation pink, but on me, it turned a strawberry milk color and blended right in! I've never had a pink eye shadow that blended in so well with my skin tone, brightened up my whole face without making me looking like a tween-wannabe. It was a bit more pigmented than the 01 Sparkling Diamond above, not exactly translucent, so I didn't need much to begin with.


Over all, I so happened to like these Canmake Color Wishes a lot. I think these make good lazy eye shadows for someone who's color-shy like me. They were so easy and nowhere as intimidating as the other eye shadows out there. If you like sheer but sparkly eye makeup, these make a decent choice that is also gentle on the budget (retails for only 460 yen each). If you are actually looking for eye colors, however, I would recommend skipping these because you'll probably hate them :P

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts