Friday, January 1, 2010

Victoria's Secret Naturally Acai Berry & Magnolia Hydrating Body Lotion

This Victoria's Secret Naturally Acai Berry & Magnolia Hydrating Body Lotion is another deluxe sample tube I got from one of those "beauty bag" promotions at VS. I brought it with me on my trip to visit my parents since I didn't want to bring my cold weather favorite, the Oshima Tsubaki Oil. Pure oil in a heavy glass bottle is not something I'd want to travel with.



I had low expectation for this lotion (because of the magnolia thing), but it turned out quite alright. My first impression of it was exactly as I had anticipated - waaaaay too flowery! Putting this on after my shower, I smelled like I had doused myself in perfume. Ick. It was so strong that I decided to give it a few days' break, lest poor hubby will suffocate. When I came back to it several days later, the berry scent somehow became dominant over the flowery scent, and since then over the course of a couple of weeks, it actually sort of grew on me.

Moisture wise, it was a lot better than I thought. I applied it right after my shower when my skin was still damp, so it absorbed instantly and didn't leave any greasy aftermath. As dry as it is where I am right now (with my folks), it's been doing a heck of a job keeping my skin soft and balance. So far, so good. No scratchy scaly itches yet! No, I'm still not about to go out there and buy the full size in this scent (at $12/bottle). However, I did go check out the lotion and found that the lotion is also available in Grapefruit, Lime and Mint scent, which sounds very darn interesting. I have a thing for citruses and mints. I might just take that bait, provided there's a good promotion/sale :P

Last but not least, I know I'm being anal but I want to point out that the name of this lotion this is a classic case of mis-nomer/faulty-misleading description, making hydration and moisture out to be one and the same. The descriptions on the bottles all says "blah blah blah & hydrating shea butter." Erm...the last time I check, shea butter is a "natural fat" and since it is an oil, it can only be moisturizing and not hydrating. Surely the lotion can be formulated to be moisturizing and hydrating at the same time, but the shea butter itself cannot be hydrating. That is all.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts