Saturday, January 16, 2010

Majolica Majorca Rouge Majex

Wow, been using these Majolica Majorca Rouge Majex glosses for a veeeeeery long time. Since last summer, actually. I have all 10 of them in my bag and pick out a color to wear depending on my mood. Fickle, yes. Now that I think about it, I don't have very many Japanese made lip glosses! I have this fear that they tend to be very sticky, a la Maquillage Glossy Gloss. The few Japanese glosses I own that aren't sticky aren't really glosses but more like hybrid gloss-balms, like Maquillage Lip Essence and Canmake Lip Essence.

But of course I know I'm being unreasonable and my fear's totally unfounded, because non-Japanese made glosses can be just as sticky (Stila Lip Glazes and It Glosses!!!). Thankfully, these Rouge Majex glosses proved me wrong - they are absolutely not sticky at all! Plus they are not overly perfumed, slightly scented with a fruity-gum fragrance. Most of the colors below are sheer, and the majority are shimmery, which I don't usually prefer but surprisingly didn't mind in this case. The only down side is that the colors fade after an hour or so and the gloss itself didn't really last, no where near the staying power of Lancome Juicy Tubes and Clinique Superbalm. Also, for some reason several of the pictures make the glosses look darker and a bit more red than they actually are, perhaps due to lighting.

- BE205: I know it looks pink-nude in the picture, but in natural light it's a nude-beige. The thing is, I applied it on the back of my hand, and surprisingly the gloss itself looked very close to the color you see in the picture! Weird, huh? On my lips though, they were sheer but blended in pretty well, giving me that my-lips-but-better color. It has shimmers, but they didn't really show on my lips.




- BE210: I've no idea why they would classify this color as a BE (beige), because it's definitely gold with pinkish undertone. It looks a bit reddish in the picture, but on the back of my hand it was just a warm gold. This is one of my favorites glosses actually even though it's one of the more shimmery ones. It was totally translucent on my lips without any frost, giving me just a pretty shimmery gold sheen. If you like to layer glosses over lipsticks, I'd definitely recommend this one.




- BE706: this one's is another strange case of the item looking darker in picture than in natural light, but the actual gloss itself on the back of my hand matched the color pictured. In the picture, it looks a rosy mauve, and in natural light it looks like a muted mauve. On the back of my hand though, it turned a rosy mauve and was a lot more pigmented than the previous BE205 and BE210. Again this one has shimmers but they don't really show on my lips.




- OR317: yep, this one too looks more vibrant in picture, a coral-toned orange, than its muted version in natural light, but on the back of my hand, the gloss itself matched the color in the picture. This is another one of my favorites. The gloss was shimmery, but not frosty, and it was pigmented enough to give me just the right amount of color. Too bad it didn't last as long as I wish it would, but I still love it!




- PK102: don't let the picture deceive you. I guess it really doesn't matter what color you see in picture or in natural light, because this gloss went on totally clear on the back of my hand and on my lips! It actually has very fine pink iridescent shimmers, but they don't show at all.




- PK211: the picture is actually more pink than both the color you see in natural light and the actual gloss itself on the back of my hand. In natural light and on the back of my hand, it was an icy pale pink, and on my lips, it was so sheer it was practically translucent (not quite clear, just translucent). It has shimmers, but they don't really do much.




- PK313: the color in this picture, a rosy pink with a touch of coral, is totally deceiving and the color in natural light is more of a muted peachy coral. This is one of the few cases where the actual gloss on the back of my hand actually did not match the color pictured - it's a muted peachy coral with silver shimmers. It's probably my least favorite out of the bunch because it turned frosty on my lips. Other than that, this color and BE706 are the 2 most pigmented ones.




- PK338: this color looks warmer in the picture and in natural light than the actual gloss on the back of my hand. In the picture as well as in natural light, it looks like a coral-pink (why does everything look coral to me?), and the actual gloss on the back of my hand was a cooler lotus pink. Another one of my favorites and similarly pigmented as the OR317, just enough to give me some color, but too much. It has shimmers, but it was not frosty at all.




- PK404: erhh...I would call this color a scam. It looks hot pink in picture and in natural light, but it the actual gloss had no bite at all! It was a wussy translucent muted pink, and it "enhanced" the color of my lips a little while it lasted and that was it. It has no shimmers, by the way, so I should like it more than I do, but I don't. I'd say this color is worse than the clear PK102 above because at least the PK102 didn't pretend to have colors.



- RD419: the picture is deceiving again, and the color in natural light as well as the gloss itself on the back of my hand is not as vibrant. Don't get me wrong, it's a decently pigmented cool strawberry pink, but it was definitely not red. It has no shimmers, and it gave my lips a really nice pop of color, but I really wish it didn't fade so quickly and the gloss would last longer. Oh well...




See my previous Majolica Majorca posts.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts