Thursday, July 25, 2013

Canmake Candy Wrap Lip Part III

I was so excited to add to my collection of Canmake Candy Wrap Lips the 2 newest colors 10 Mauve Bonbon and 11 Fleur Honey. However, not being in Japan means not seeing these in person, which means I have no idea what I'm getting, which means there will be some hit and miss involved.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Yes, I'm afraid the 2 new colors are hit and miss. Don't get me wrong, the formula and texture are the same, but the colors released are nothing like the previous Candy Wrap Lips :( Given the track record of a bright, brilliant, and pigmented line up, these muted ones sort of came out of nowhere and are unexpected and deflating. What happen there, I wonder?

- 10 Mauve Bonbon: a semi-opaque milky mauve that's a perfect my-lips-but-better color. It matches my lips so well I don't even need a mirror to apply it. So why am I not happy? Because, well, it disappears on my lips because it matches so well. Ha...

- 11 Fleur Honey: another semi-opaque milky peachy orange. Unfortunately this is a total miss for me. It's a very pretty color, but while it brightens up my lips, its opacity also magnifies every crack on them T.T Go for this color if you're looking for something to tone down your red lips. And make sure you exfoliate your lips well before hand. Unlike 10 Mauve Bonbon above, this color is not something you pull out on a whim.

10 Mauve Bonbon and 11 Fleur Honey.

See my previous posts:
Canmake Candy Wrap Lip
Canmake Candy Wrap Lip Part II

2 comments:

Alice B said...

The 10 Mauve bonbon is so pretty. I never heard of this brand but I am willing to try it out.

D. said...

Hi Alice B,

Canmake is a Japanese drugstore brand and they make some really nice and affordable items, like these Candy Wrap Lips and the Cream Cheeks (http://alittledabintomakeup.blogspot.com/2013/03/canmake-cream-cheek-part-iii-clear.html). I really love both ^.^ You can find them on Ebay, although expect some markup in terms of pricing.

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts