Monday, April 25, 2016

Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen A+N SPF50+ PA++++

I've been staying away from Anessa sunscreens on purpose because they're super drying and expensive--more expensive than Allie, can you believe that? But then I stumbled onto a 30% sale at my local drugstore and decided to give it a try, though I only bought the half sizes just in case my skin doesn't like it.

That was during the winter when my skin was already super dry, so I didn't touch either of these until a few weeks ago, when I busted out the 25mL bottle of Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen A+N SPF50+ PA++++ to mix with the unfortunate Hada-Labo Koi-Gokujyun Perfect UV Gel.

The funny thing is that this Perfect UV Sunscreen A+N milk has been discontinued, replaced with a Perfect UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster as of this spring. So yes, this review is already outdated =.="

This sunscreen is truly a milk, an opaque, white milk. It sets very quickly, within just a minute. I apply it, go change some clothes, massage in the rest, and be done with it just like that. It dries to a velvety matte finish and stays that way all day, although it's not hot or too humid right now so I'm not sure how it'll fare in the middle of the summer. But it's a great makeup base as it does even out my skin. 

Is it as drying as people say it is? Unfortunately, yes. I did try this milk by itself for a couple of days before mixing it with the Hada-Labo UV Gel, and despite layering on a good amount of moisturizers, my cheeks and chin started flaking on day two. Sigh...

Here's the milk by itself and then mixed with Hada-Labo. The resulting emulsion feels very similar to Allie and isn't drying at all, with a dewy matte finish to boot. Phew. I'm just glad to be able to make use out of both products as they definitely don't work on their own for me.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts