Okay, so I started this blog because I am a Japanese makeup enthusiast (by no means I'm a collector though - there are quite a few others who have me well beaten in this area...). But then it's also been a while since I last post about a Japanese makeup item. Let's just say I've been very distracted.
So back to the topic, shall we?
Revue Feel Veil Powder is my latest love. I think I love it more than my beloved Estee Lauder Aeromatte - gasp! My sister got me this powder for Christmas :D Did I tell you she's leaving to Japan in a couple of months? Yah, she's gonna be there for a few years, and I'm dancing on my chair :D Teehee!
Revue is Kanebo's base makeup line. Think foundations (liquid, powder, cream, you name it), powders (loose, pressed), etc. you get the point. Anyway, let me count the ways I love this Revue powder:
- It's soft like a dream, and here I was thinking the Maquillage Precious Design Powder was soft. Nope, no where near as soft as this powder. I was impressed upon the first touch. It felt softer and silkier and finer than starch!
- It's completely unscented. Enough said.
- It sets like second skin, not powder. As matte as the Estee Lauder Aeromatte leaves my t-zones, it also leaves me looking a little powdered. I didn't look obviously overdone or anything, but a little is still a little. This Feel Veil powder does not do that. Just smooth matte-ness with this one. Amazing.
There is one very small drawback to this powder that might have resulted because I piled a bunch on just to test whether it would give me the overly powdered look (which it didn't, by the way) - it was a tad moisturizing. I looked in the mirror very very late that night and my t-zones were not as nice and matte as they were when I first applied the powder. It didn't look oily or shiny, just not as perfect as I'd like. I guess I'm over scrutinizing this poor Feel Veil Powder, huh?
The Feel Veil Powder has 4 "colors." Mind you, these aren't really colors. They look it, but they will go on transparent no matter how much you put on.
- Top left: soft pink, matte
- Top right: very pale peachy pink, matte
- Bottom right: cream, with very fine pearly shimmers that are not at all noticeable. Once applied, it just has a brightening effect.
- Bottom left: very pale cloud pink, same as the cream, it has very fine pearly shimmers that aren't noticeable.
Hmm...now that I think about it, my t-zones might have lost its perfect matte-ness by the end of the night because I swirled all 4 colors together. May be I should have used only the matte ones on my t-zones and the fine pearly shimmery ones underneath my eyes. I guess that means I'll just have to keep on tweaking until I can figure out how this powder works. Other than that, it's freakin' awesome!
I've been collecting these Canmake Cream Cheek since they came out, skipping only 06 Nut Cream because it was too brown for my taste. T...
Been curious about Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor for a while. At the same time, I was dubious with the website's claim that this lipstic...
Hubby has always favored gels and gel-creams and wouldn't touch anything heavier. He has well-behaved normal skin, so it makes sense. I...
Adding to my Canmake Stay-On Balm Rouge collection, here are three new (staining) Tint Types in T01 Little Anemone , T02 Happy Tulip , an...
I'm not sure why, but it took forever for these Canmake Lip & Cheek Gel SPF24 PA+ to show up at the drugstores in my neighborhood....
I didn't mean to buy this Lipstick Queen Frog Prince Story , a set containing all three Frog Prince products, Lipstick , Cream Blush ,...
So the US dollar has been going strong against the Japanese yen in the past several months. Right now, the exchange rate is about where it w...
I never thought I'd be sad to use up a particular cleansing oil, but I actually was to have ran out of Astalift Complete Makeup Remover...
Paul & Joe has done away with their Lipstick and Lipstick CS lines, replacing them with the newest Lipstick N's also with three f...
The previous RMK W Irresistible Lips pick in 04 Deep Red was such a success I went back for more, this time getting 03 Beige . Yes, I don...