Okay, so I started this blog because I am a Japanese makeup enthusiast (by no means I'm a collector though - there are quite a few others who have me well beaten in this area...). But then it's also been a while since I last post about a Japanese makeup item. Let's just say I've been very distracted.
So back to the topic, shall we?
Revue Feel Veil Powder is my latest love. I think I love it more than my beloved Estee Lauder Aeromatte - gasp! My sister got me this powder for Christmas :D Did I tell you she's leaving to Japan in a couple of months? Yah, she's gonna be there for a few years, and I'm dancing on my chair :D Teehee!
Revue is Kanebo's base makeup line. Think foundations (liquid, powder, cream, you name it), powders (loose, pressed), etc. you get the point. Anyway, let me count the ways I love this Revue powder:
- It's soft like a dream, and here I was thinking the Maquillage Precious Design Powder was soft. Nope, no where near as soft as this powder. I was impressed upon the first touch. It felt softer and silkier and finer than starch!
- It's completely unscented. Enough said.
- It sets like second skin, not powder. As matte as the Estee Lauder Aeromatte leaves my t-zones, it also leaves me looking a little powdered. I didn't look obviously overdone or anything, but a little is still a little. This Feel Veil powder does not do that. Just smooth matte-ness with this one. Amazing.
There is one very small drawback to this powder that might have resulted because I piled a bunch on just to test whether it would give me the overly powdered look (which it didn't, by the way) - it was a tad moisturizing. I looked in the mirror very very late that night and my t-zones were not as nice and matte as they were when I first applied the powder. It didn't look oily or shiny, just not as perfect as I'd like. I guess I'm over scrutinizing this poor Feel Veil Powder, huh?
The Feel Veil Powder has 4 "colors." Mind you, these aren't really colors. They look it, but they will go on transparent no matter how much you put on.
- Top left: soft pink, matte
- Top right: very pale peachy pink, matte
- Bottom right: cream, with very fine pearly shimmers that are not at all noticeable. Once applied, it just has a brightening effect.
- Bottom left: very pale cloud pink, same as the cream, it has very fine pearly shimmers that aren't noticeable.
Hmm...now that I think about it, my t-zones might have lost its perfect matte-ness by the end of the night because I swirled all 4 colors together. May be I should have used only the matte ones on my t-zones and the fine pearly shimmery ones underneath my eyes. I guess that means I'll just have to keep on tweaking until I can figure out how this powder works. Other than that, it's freakin' awesome!
I've been collecting these Canmake Cream Cheek since they came out, skipping only 06 Nut Cream because it was too brown for my taste. T...
I'm not sure why, but it took forever for these Canmake Lip & Cheek Gel SPF24 PA+ to show up at the drugstores in my neighborhood....
I've been eyeing these Face Stockholm Lipsticks in the Veil finish for a very long time, since trying their collaboration with J.Crew...
These Lipstick Queen Saint Lipsticks in Saint Natural and Saint Bright Natural are the latest addition to my Saint collection. I'm j...
Back in May, one week before my little one's surprise arrival I was able to snatch up three more Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick Moist in 0...
Here's my growing collection of Suqqu Extra Glow Lipstick , missing a few new spring releases which I suspect I won't be able to get...
I finally got a hold of more of these since I really like the combo 02 Gold Pink Yuki-chan sent me last year. - 03 Camel Pink : a combinatio...
So I went a bought a gigantic 250mL/8.5fl. oz. tube of Origins Plantscriptions Anti-Aging Cleanser . The rationale was I'd be so busy w...
These SkinFood Tomato Jelly Tint Lips have been out for at least a couple of years now, since early 2013, I think. I discovered them earli...
Hello. It's been a while. The little one's eat and sleep pattern is still chaotic and I'm struggling just to keep up with him =...