Monday, January 5, 2009

Aube Loose & Line Eyes

Aube is a Sofina brand that make interesting looking stuff, but I haven't tried anything from this line. So when I spotted this Aube Loose & Line Eyes, I thought it was the perfect travel item and was very much looking forward to giving it a shot.

The Loose & Line Eyes are a combination loose powder eye shadow and a liquid liner, together in a chubby pen-like packaging. There are 6 color combos available:
#71 - White-Gold
#72 - Lavender-Mauve
#73 - Khaki-Silver gray
#74 - Blue-Navy
#75 - Beige-Brown
#76 - Pink-Bordeaux



For my travels, I picked a practical color combo - #71 White-Gold. I really was just looking for a quick brighten-me-up sort of thing, and this is an eye shadow and liner in one! It was the perfect lightning fast-lazy makeup, my kind of makeup, just swipe, line, and go!



The liner was great. It was a milk chocolate color instead of Gold as the color combo name suggested, but it was pretty nonetheless. It was subtle enough to not disappear and it stayed put all day, despite the 100% humidity where I was.



The loose powder eye shadow, unfortunately, was a terrible disappointment. It was a pretty off white, but it barely showed up on the back of my hand, let alone my eyes. And after what seemed like a thousand layers, my eyes still looked as though I hadn't put anything on. Grr...I gave up on it after a couple of tries.



The cheapest I could find these for was $20. So yeah, save your money. There are much better things out there for a whole lot less than $20.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Wow, that was 20 bucks?

I mean,the brown side looks pretty nice though...there was one kind of shimmery copper liquid liner like this in the body shop that retails for 17 bucks, only one side though...(Actually it was only three bucks on sale)

Most of the time I don't spend big bucks on liquid liners, they all dry of in a few months...

D. said...

Hi Citrine,

Yeah I know. A total waste of my money! Perhaps I should have waited until it went on mad sale, like the Body Shop one you mentioned!

Shucks...

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts