Monday, January 12, 2009

L'Occitane Verbena Shower Cream

Another thing I tried while I was in Colorado was the L'Occitane Verbena Shower Cream (the Verbena Shower Gel I took with me overseas, since it was too drying to use in Colorado). This shower cream belonged to another set - the L'Occitane Shea To Go Gift Set, which also includes the Shea Body Lotion, Shea Extra Gentle Soap Milk, 100% Pure Shea Butter .26 oz., and the Shea Hand Cream.


The main reason I picked this set was because I didn't bring my toiletries with me. So in Colorado, I was in desperate need of a hand cream, lotion, and something extra for my fingertips, cuticles, and all the dry patches that went rampage in that dry climate. This Shea To Go set fit the bill perfectly.


I got the set a couple of days after the Getaway Treasures set, so I don't quite remember the promotion that came with this set. It wasn't the same promotion, but it was still a deal nonetheless - I think I paid around $25 for the set, and the body lotion itself retailed for $9, the hand cream for $10, the shower cream for $8, the soap for $7, and the pure shea butter for $10.


Unfortunately, the Verbena Shower Cream proved to be yet another average body wash. Actually, I didn't like it as much as the shower gel, and it frustrated hubby to no end because it didn't foam very well and he loves bubbly body washes. The fragrance was better than the shower gel though, even when they're both supposed to smell the same. The shower cream's scent was more subtle, with a bit of milky cream touch to it. I guess that's why it's called shower cream LOL


So yeah, that's that for the shower cream. Now that I've tried a shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and a shower cream, I think they're all kind of...scam-y. They're all just average products, no better than something you could get at any drug store (not even the packaging!), and yet they retail for quadruple the price! I don't want to make a blanket statement that all L'Occitane hair care, bath and body stuff are scams, but my experience with these 4 products has been, umm, bleh. So I'll be staying faaaaar away...

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts