Review for these T'estimo Color Eyes are waaaaaay over due, sorry. I've been using these off and on since December but got distracted with other things and never got around to review them.
And actually, since my first review for these single T'estimo Color Eyes was in October 2007 and my last review for them was in March 2008, it's been so long since that I will re-list the 4 Intensities of Pigmentation and 5 Finishes below. Actually, I used to know of only 4 finishes and 1 new finish was just added in this review (see GY-35).
4 Intensities of Pigmentation:
- Very sheer: these usually provide just a translucent wash or as a highlighter/eye brightener, can be used as a base or finisher shadow (in the case of the super sparklies) and layering won't help with intensity
- Low: can be layered to reach medium intensity
- Medium: these are usually crease/accent colors, can be layered to reach high intensity
- High: I mostly use these as liner shadows; as they are so pigmented, I don't recommend layering them; well, unless you're going for that raccoon -erh, rock star- look, which some people can pull off pretty well actually; as you can tell though, I'm not one of them :P
5 Finishes: some shades can be duo-chromatic, i.e., metallic pearl, metallic satin, etc.
- Shimmer: low to medium intensity with luminous shine.
- Pearl: very sheer to medium intensity with fine iridescent/opalescent shine.
- Metallic: very sheer to medium intensity with intense metallic shine.
- Matte: very sheer to high intensity with no shine, may have a few sparkles that aren't noticeable unless examined closely or under direct light, appears completely matte otherwise.
- Satin: low to medium intensity with luminous satiny shine; these have shimmers so fine that they aren't really "shimmery" but instead "satiny" (hope that makes sense...)
- WN-32: metallic, medium intensity, the color is self explanatory in its name :) This color is gorgeous! Normally, a crease shadow in this color range will make me look like I got punched in the eyes or haven't slept for days, but this one is deep enough that I can get away with it as a liner or even to create smoky eyes. I'm actually starting to get into a "purple" phase and anything along the purple spectrum will attract me, provided it has to be deep enough to avoid the "bruised" effect.
- GD-25: metallic, very sheer, a metallic and sparkling champagne that's a staple for me and I have back-ups to prove my love for it :D It's a fail-proof eye opener/brightener, at least for me, and a sheer wash is all I need for cheerful sparkles in the sun. I did say sparkles, right? Yeah, it's very sparkly, which is fine by me :) I think it is neutral enough for those with cooler skin tone too.
- BR-70: metallic, medium intensity, although it shows up cooler in the swatch picture, it is a warm golden wood brown that I can actually wear on the crease (with a light hand, it's decently pigmented and can drown out the liner color) and doesn't turn all muddy or make me look like I've smeared dirt all over my eyes. This color makes a sultry bronzed-babe combo with the GD-25 as the wash and the WN-32 as the liner.
- DB-13: metallic, high intensity, a cool dark denim. Makes a great liner!
- GY-35: satin, medium intensity, a very pretty blue-toned smoky gray that I haven't really figure out how to use :( Okay, fine, I actually don't know what to do with it :X
- BU-61: metallic, very sheer, a warmer blue wash with hints of green shimmers.
- BU-58: shimmer, medium intensity, a brighter chalky blue that's on the cool side
- Top: DB-13
- Right: BU-61
- Left: GY-35
- Bottom: BU-58
See my previous posts:
- T'estimo Color Eyes
- T'estimo Color Eyes Part II
I've been collecting these Canmake Cream Cheek since they came out, skipping only 06 Nut Cream because it was too brown for my taste. T...
I'm not sure why, but it took forever for these Canmake Lip & Cheek Gel SPF24 PA+ to show up at the drugstores in my neighborhood....
While I was out in Ginza swatching Lunasol Feathery Smoky Eyes , I also stopped by the Suqqu counter to swatch the Extra Glow Lipsticks i...
I'd used up the very last drop of Boscia Sake Treatment Water a few weeks ago and haven't bought a replacement. Yet. Still waitin...
When Selfridges UK Online had their annual cosmetics sales event over the holidays, I was pleasantly surprised to find the Suqqu Bright Up ...
I think Lipstick Queen is going to phase out the Oxymoron Matte Gloss , because right now they're going for a ridiculous $7.20 a piece...
It's been a heated discussion why Selfridges UK Online has such trouble supplying Suqqu demands. When these Extra Glow Lipsticks went...
Just finished this 50mL/1.6fl. oz. tube of L'Occitane Jasmin & Bergamote Body Milk from the Discover Our Favorites Set I bought a...
Finally opened my Sephora Beauty Insider Birthday GWP from 2016. Better late than never, right? ^.^" It's actually a nice travel...
J. arrived into Taipei early the morning after hubby and I did, so we all went out to lunch together at Shin Yeh . It was a beautiful, clea...