Friday, February 15, 2013

DDF Amplifying Elixir

Got this 15mL deluxe sample of DDF Amplifying Elixir from the Ulta Spring 2012 GWP and been using it for the past month. This is a serum and is supposed to go on after toner but before moisturizers. It's supposed to help the skin absorb whatever goes on next, maximizing its benefits.

Spring 2012 GWP

***Screenshot via Ulta.com.



As expected, the serum is a runny but viscous liquid, but the deluxe sample comes in a tube with a twist off cap. If I didn't know better, I would have spilled it everywhere upon the first time opening. But don't get me wrong, it was free, so I'm not complaining :) Also, it's not completely clear. If you look at it closely, you can see tiny specks of something rather. At least that's what mine looks like :X

It's unscented, but somehow mine smells like, umm, burnt rubber. Very strange. The first time I smelled it, I thought it had gone bad, so I tried it on the back of my hand first. No adverse reaction, so I tried it on my face next. Nothing bad happened there either. It absorbed quickly on my skin and I do feel it helps my next layers sink in also. As for maximizing their benefits, that I can't tell at all to be honest. In fact, I feel no difference with or without it. Where as Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel gave the bare-but-super-comfortable skin feel, and L'Oreal Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Advanced Skin Repair Daily Serum made my skin so soft and smooth, this DDF one feels like...nothing!

Unless I'm missing something from the ingredients list below, this serum is oil free. Still, not sure if I would spend $75 for an oil free serum that feels like nothing though ^.^ Will happily move on after using this up!

DDF Amplifying Elixir:
WATER, BUTYLENE, GLYCOL, NIACINIMIDE, GLYCERIN, DEMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, POLYMETHYLSISEQUIOXANE, FICUS INDICA FLOWER/LEAF/STEM/JUICE, TRIFOLIUM PRATENSE (CLOVER) FLOWER/LEAF/STEM JUICE, GLYCINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, NELUMBO NUCIFERA FLOWER/LEAF/STEM JUCE, SERINE, ALANINE, ARGININE, LYSINE, THREONINE, PROLINE, SORBITOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHERYLACETATE, DIMETHICONOL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYLACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, POLYSORBATE 10, SODIUM METAISULFITE, ALLATOIN, METHYLPARABEN, BETAINE.
***List of ingredients from DDF USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts