Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Favorite Mannan Gel Peeling

Can you believe it took me a year and a half to finish my bottle of Tabibijin Tea Peeling Gel?!? And I was using it liberally too, 3 pumps once a week for face, neck, and décolletage! Before I left Japan, I seriously thought about getting another bottle, but as I huffed and puffed through the last of it, I was actually glad I didn't buy more. Despite having thoroughly enjoyed using it, I was just as happy to finally be rid of it LOL!

This 5.1oz/145g bottle of My Favorite Mannan Gel Peeling was its replacement. I've been using 2-3 pumps of it weekly since January and have only gotten through, umm, may be a fifth. Argh. At this rate it's probably going to take me another one and half year!!!

This is a clear, runny and watery peeling gel with scattered fine mannan beads in it to provide extra physical exfoliation in addition to the peeling. As with all other peeling gels, you start with clean dry face and hands. It's scented with a lemony scent so laden with alcohol it's kind of unnerving, because it feels like I'm slathering hand sanitizer all over my face. Those mannan exfoliating beads often confuse me too, because sometimes I can't tell if the peeling gel is actually working and balling up with dead skin cells, or balling up with just those beads. In that sense, I think it's "cheating" to mix in those exfoliating beads since they obscure the product's effectiveness.

But otherwise this peeling gel is decent. My face does feel clean after using it, although there's an odd slippery feel after rinsing. My cousin J. who visited me last week tried it and she also said her face felt really clean afterwards, so I suppose it does work on some level? Hmm, a case of an overly ambitious product shooting itself in the foot. Ha.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts