Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dr.Ci:Labo Super Cleansing EX

After using up Elixir Superieur Makeup Cleansing Gel N in all of 3 tries, I moved on to the 2 packets, 3.5g each, of Dr.Ci:Labo Super Cleansing EX. These are samples from a free Super Moisture Sample Set I got while I was still in Japan. In fact, if you're interested they're still giving both the Gold Lift and Super Moisture Sets away for free (with free shipping!), one to each unique Japanese address.


The Super Moisture Set contains 2x1.5mL packets of Aqua-In-Derm Super-Essence along with other samples from Dr.Ci:Labo's Basic Line.

Unlike the ambiguity of Elixir Superieur Makeup Cleansing Gel, there's no doubt this one's a gel-to-oil cleanser - it even says so on the very back on the packet! However, it's really quite thick for a gel, glue-y almost! The first time, I used the entire packet as they're supposedly for a single use, but I kept massaging and massaging, and after what felt like an eternity (my arms got tired!) it was still glue-y and hadn't turned into oil yet! Anyway, I gave up after a while longer and stepped into the shower, where upon the steam of the water quickly broke it down into oil. Ha...interesting.

The second time, I squeezed out just half of a packet to start (glue on your face doesn't feel very nice, after all...), but it proved to be too little. With just half a packet, the thickness of the gel made spreading it around difficult, let alone massaging it into the skin, so I ended up using the whole packet again. And after some 5 minutes, it wouldn't turn into oil until I turned on the water in the shower and stood in the steam for a minute or two. I think I get it. This product is meant to be used right before the shower, as in with the water running and you standing in its steam but not let your face get wet.

The Super Moisture Set comes with 2 pairs of Super Cleaning EX 3.5g and Super Washing Foam EX 3g, although I haven't tried the washing foam yet.


It did a pretty good job of removing my sunscreen, leaving my face feeling nice and soft afterwards. It also rinsed off completely yet at the same time doesn't make my skin squeak. But again, I wasn't wearing any makeup when I used up my two packets, no so comments there. I have to admit I didn't enjoy the thick glue-y consistency of this cleanser at all. Not only that, but it requires a bit of steam to convert into oil, a requirement I find rather annoying. What if I don't want to shower yet but still want to remove my makeup and sunscreen? Will I be forced to steam my face just so this product would work like it should? There are other gel and/or cream-to-oil cleansers out there that works much more quickly, like the Cle de Peau Beaute Cleansing Cream. So yeah, I won't be buying this full size either!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts