Thursday, March 20, 2014

SK-II Facial Treatment Cleansing Oil

I have several of these SK-II Facial Treatment Cleansing Oil in 34mL travel size bottles and have been taking them with me on travels.

Unlike other travel sized cleansing oils I've used in the past, these come with a stopper lid which prevents spillage, which I appreciate. The stopper lid also dispenses sparingly with shakes, meaning no overflowing in the palms, which I also appreciate. 


The oil cleanser itself is OK, nothing impressive, which makes its full size retail of $60 for 250mL kind of ridiculous. In recent memory, there were only 2 cleansing oils I truly enjoyed using, the Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil which was still pretty damn expensive at $28 for 150mL, and the Beaua 10 Essences Cleansing Oil, which was much much more affordable at some $13 for 300mL but was not readily accessible at all (I bought my bottle in Taipei). 

Anyway, this SK-II is slightly thin, though not silicon-y slick. It is scented with a ripe lichee fragrance but I don't love but don't dislike. It does a good job of removing makeup and sunscreen, rinses clean enough and leaves only a very slight film that doesn't bother me. Still, I think it's not worth the price tag so I won't be buying the full size. Still have several other cleansing oils to look forward to trying anyway.

3 comments:

Ann said...

So expensive!! And you said that is nothing special.....

I like too the Boscia one but it sell for $ 44-46 dollars in my country T_T and is good but not super good so now

I'm using Innisfree Apple Juicing Cleansing Oil and I like it and is only $ 15-17 dollars!! :D

My ultimate favorite was the Shu Uemura it was very expensive too but my skin loved it! But is impossible to find :(

D. said...

Hi Ann,

Yeah, I still don't understand how cosmetic makers can get away with charging so much for products that are just meh. This is one of the reason I've been staying away from "high-end" and "luxury" brands.

Oh, if you like Korean cosmetics check out this shopping site: http://en.koreadepart.com/

I don't know about shipping to Mexico, but their prices are pretty much Korean retail (read: super affordable!!!). They're like a user-friendlier version of Gmarket.

Ann said...

Yes, I like korean cosmetics! Well more than that I like their skincare it is quite cheap and good vs you know the western version like 20% vit C at 25-30 vs 15% vitC at 80-90 dollars!!

The make up not so much because if you take ot the bb/cc creams (all of them too dark for my skin tone) the orange cosmetics (I LOVE orange! But orange hate me or more like my skin tone hate orange and it look terrible on me T_T) and the warm pinks(again my skin hate them) what is left ? Well there is the purple blushers that I realy love because they look pink on me and not purple :)

I buy at jolse (free ems always because I bought a lot) but I will try koreandepart :D

Thank you fot the tip!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts