Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil

I'm about 2/3 of the way through this bottle of Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil so it's time for a review. It was actually a full size freebie from Boscia's Surprise Beauty Box Holiday 2012 promotion, wherein you get 5 full size products with every order of $75 or more. I told you they give generous freebies, yes? Of course these are probably old and soon-to-be-expired stuff they want to get rid off to make room for new stock, but many online retailers would still happily sell them at full retail. So I won't complain and will put them to good use ^.^


***Screencap from Boscia.

The purchased items are boxed at right, and I bought full sizes of, from right to left, Smoothing Facial Polish (currently using, will review next), Balancing Facial Tonic, and Soothing Cleansing Cream (also currently using, will review next). The GWP items are unboxed, at left and top, and I received duplicates of Balancing Facial Tonic and Soothing Cleansing Cream, this Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil, Vital Daily Moisture SPF 15 (top left), and Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment.


The Vital Daily Moisture SPF 15 went to mum in law as my mum was up to her neck with new skincare presents LOL!!!

I love my freebies, but in retrospect I should have bought a bottle of this Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil instead of the the Soothing Cleansing Cream, especially since I ended up with 2 of each. Why would I want 2 bottles of this cleansing oil? Because I freakin' love it!!! It is hands down my absolute favorite of all the cleansing oils so far! If you have used FANCL Mild Cleansing Oil before, you will be familiar with its interesting translucent cushy emulsion-like texture that's not oily at all. Thanks to this texture, the cleansing oil isn't heavy or greasy. In fact, it caused me the same reaction each time upon my first use, first FANCL and now Boscia, "Erhh...is this really a cleansing oil?!?" ^.^

With my liberal use of cleansing oils, they would always seep out between the crack of my fingers. By the time I'm done massaging the oil onto my face, it would also be all over the back of my hands, running down my wrists, sometimes even elbows depends on how runny the oil is, and of course, all over my neck down to my collarbones. Messy, yes. But not with this cleansing oil. This one does not seep or run. Like FANCL, it cleans effectively but is mild and not drying. It rinses cleans but does not leave my face squeaky or stripped. While I haven't found it "cooling" per se, I love its invigorating scent, thanks to the eucalyptus and menthol in its ingredients. It smells like the FANCL oil, but much better.

And interestingly enough, it's actually slightly cheaper than FANCL, being $26 for 150mL/5fl oz. versus FANCL's $26 for 120mL. So you bet I will be stocking up with the next promotion ^.^ Until then, I'm all set with the backup supply I brought home from Taipei, which I will get to after I'm done with this bottle, which will be soon xD 

Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil:
***List of ingredients from Boscia.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts