Saturday, June 14, 2014

Tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12-hr Smoothing Eye Primer

I forgot where I got this 2.6g/0.09oz. sample tube of Tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12-hr Smoothing Eye Primer from, but I've been using it alongside my other various eye primers.



Not sure what's going on lately but I've been kind of obsessed with bases and primers for eye shadows. I even hopped back onto the BB cream bandwagon again, now using them as concealer of sorts for around the eyes, nose, and mouth areas. It's not like I didn't have dark circles or sallowness before, but more like I didn't care much then and was too lazy to incorporate any base makeup into my routine. Well actually, I'm still pretty lazy, only I have better tools (new makeup brushes!) that allows me to work faster and more efficiently.

This eye base is on the thinner side, at least thinner than I expected, sort of like I was hoping for a soft cream and got a thin lotion instead. It's unscented, and dries to an invisible finish that keeps powder eye shadows very well. Anything else other than powder shadows though, it doesn't quite hold up. This fits the pattern I've found so far: the thicker and/or drier the base, the better it works with cream, gel, and liquid eye colors, otherwise it's just for powder shadows. And even though the majority of my eye shadows are powder, I won't be buying the full size of this. I still have several other tubes of eye bases to go through, and at the pace I'm using them, about half a pin's head at a time for both eyes, I'm probably set for life.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts