Monday, June 9, 2014

Kinara Nighttime Skin Quencher

This 15mL/0.5oz pump bottle of Kinara Nighttime Skin Quencher was from one of the Dermstore Fall 2012 Super Luxe Grab Bags, and yes, I finally got to it now two years later. Ha.

Of all the Bag #4's contents, I've only used the RapidLash Eyelash Enhancing Serum and British Science Formulations Hair Strengthener. Hopefully, I will get to the NeoStrata Eye Cream soon but the rest I've long gifted away to my mum ^.^

For the longest time, I was reluctant to try this night cream because it contains an AHA, or more specifically glycolic acid, from the sugarcane that's pretty high up its ingredients list. I'm already on a cocktail of Adapalene from Differin 0.1%retinaldehyde and 6% of more glycolic acid from TriAcneal, then citric and lactic acid (even more AHAs) and salicylic acid (a BHA) from SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion. So yeah, I think I've got enough acid on my hands, erh, well, face. So back in April when I ran out of the Clear Lotion, I finally decided I'm bored of SK-II (yeah, it happens) and didn't replenish my supply. Which frees up some space for the acid in this Kinara night cream.


Okay, fine, there's a bit more to the story than me being merely bored. My skin wacked out on me around late March and went nuts with the dry and flakiness. I think I'm seeing a pattern now, something similar happened last spring also, which was when I started experimenting with the generally richer and more moisturizing Cle de Peau brand. No, I didn't go back to Cle de Peau this year, but my regular routine of Astalift Jelly Aquarysta, SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, and Clear Lotion didn't do a thing to help with the dryness. In fact, applying the Facial Treatment Essence actually burned, especially around the lips and the cheeks where my skin was driest. So I decided I've had enough of SK-II. I will use up my supply but that's it, no more repurchasing, not in the least because I still have a boat load of stuff to try, like this Kinara Nighttime Skin Quencher ^.^

So this Kinara night cream is unscented and comes out of the pump an off-white cream. I use two pumps for each application, warm the cream in with my fingers and press it on, concentrating around my mouth and on my cheeks. It goes on pretty light then turns slightly thicker as I spread and press it on, but it does absorbs completely, leaving my skin comfortable and soft. The AHA in this cream didn't clash with my retinoid treatments, and it didn't irritate either, which was great. Even better was that it actually helped with the dryness, a lot. After a month using this cream every third night, with the retinoid treatment and Caudalie Vinoperfect Renewal Night Cream in the nights between and HABA Squalane Beauty Oil during the day (will review both soon), my skin's dryness is pretty much under control ^.^ Hooray!

Kinara Nighttime Skin Quencher:
Water, Bilberry Extract, Hybrid Sunflower Oil, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Squalane, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Sugar Cane Extract, Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, PEG-100 Stearate, Panthenol, Bisabolol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Orange Fruit Extract, Lemon Fruit Extract, Sugar Maple Extract, Green Tea (Camellia Oilfera) Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Passionflower Extract, Pine Bark Extract, Rosemary Extract, Marshmallow Extract, Chamomile Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance.
***List of ingredients from Kinara Online.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts