Thursday, February 21, 2013

British Science Formulations Hair Strengthener

Been using this 6fl oz./177mL bottle of British Science Formulations Hair Strengthener for almost 2 months now. I got 2 bottles from the Dermstore Fall 2012 Super Luxe Grab Bag #2 and 4 (Bag #4 was mistakenly identified as Bag #1 due to packing list mix up), but gave one to my mum and only kept one to use.

Dermstore Fall 2012 Super Luxe Grab Bag #2


Dermstore Fall 2012 Super Luxe Grab Bag #4


Funny enough, I had to go over to Blissworld (Bliss's online store) to read about something I got from Dermstore, but according to Bliss, this Hair Strengthener is the 2nd of a 4-step treatment for thinning hair. My hair is not thinning, but who says you have to have thinning hair to use a strengthening treatment? ^.^

Bliss also calls this a deep conditioning "cream," which I would have to politely disagree. It's semi-translucent and a totally runny, so unlike the usual somewhat creamy with more opacity conditioners that if I didn't know better, I would have mistaken it for an Asian-made lotion (toner, think Hadanomy Collagen Concentrated Lotion, or just the Collagen Lotion)! Technically, it has no added fragrance, but it does have a smell, a waxy crayon-y scent that reminds me of, umm, old school lipstick! Kind of odd, but I don't care ^.^

My hair has always been low maintenance and shiny, so I won't give that credit to just any hair product :P The only noticeable things I can usually tell are softness and oiliness, as in some shampoos and/or conditioners make my hair softer and less oily the next day (Lux Super Rich Shine, Vidal Sassoon Base Care JP, Macherie Moisture, Ichikami, and my good ol' favorite Super Mild), some don't make any difference whatsoever (Tsubaki Shining, Asience Nature Smooth), and some make it worse, leaving it dry or generally heavier (Herbal Essence Touchable Smooth JP, Macherie Air Feel) and just down right greasy (Caudalie Gentle Conditioning, DHC Light and Smooth).

Where does this hair treatment stand, after almost 2 months using? I'm afraid it falls into the indifferent category. It doesn't make my hair dry or oily, and it doesn't make my hair any softer. Because my hair is not thinning, so I can't tell if it's working in this department either. All I know is that I would never spend that $20/bottle if I don't have hair thinning problem (and even then, it may or may not work...), which I guess makes this review somewhat useless, sorry! ^.^'

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts