Saturday, July 9, 2011

Vidal Sassoon Base Care Shampoo

I used to use Vidal Sassoon shampoo and conditioner for as long as I can remember, until the brand disappeared completely from the local US drugstores and supermarkets during my college years. It was not until years later that I stumbled onto this article and learned why. Which was why when I got shipped off to Japan after college and found Vidal Sassoon at the Japanese local drugstore, I felt a bit, erhh...jilted. I can't find Vidal Sassoon at home but they're aplenty here? What? That's not fair!



Anyways, fast forward to the present and I got bored with both Macherie as well as Kracie Umi no Uruoiso, I decided to give Vidal Sassoon a shot. There are 2 types within the hair care line, the Base Care and Color Care, and I got the Base Care Shampoo since neither hubby or myself colored our hair.

Vidal Sassoon Base Care Shampoo and Conditioner.

Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the actual refill pouch prior to using. I was just too excited to try them ^.^ I didn't buy the bottle, because it's a lot more expensive while the refill pouch is a lot cheaper. And plus they don't recycle any plastic other PET here. They burn them all, so I'd rather reuse the pretty pump bottle from Macherie.

Base Care Shampoo

The shampoo is excellent! My hair has gotten very long, and whenever it gets this long, it also gets oily and greasy rather quickly with most shampoos, especially in this weather. So far, I'm very pleased it has not gotten oily or greasy at all the next day. I'm pretty amazed, actually! Also, another thing I really like about this shampoo is that it's very mildly fragranced. Of course you can smell it during shampooing, but it's not strong or overwhelming, unlike Asience Shampoo and Conditioner (urgh). In fact, this Vidal Sassoon shampoo is the mildest fragranced in all the shampoo I've used! The best part is that this mild fragrance is also very long lasting, not just on my long hair but also on hubby's super fine hair too!

Base Care conditioner
***All pictures from Vidal Sassoon Japan.

I haven't used the conditioner yet, because I still haven't finished the Macherie Air Feel Conditioner, which I didn't review because it feels essentially the same as the Macherie Moisture Conditioner.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts