Sunday, June 8, 2014

Maybelline ColorSensational Color Whisper Part II

Finally got around to the few limited editions of Maybelline ColorSensational Color Whispers released last summer. There were 6 colors released: 280 Nude Night Out, 285 Pink Bombshell, 290 Strike a Rose, 295 Plum Setter, 300 Coral Tease, 305 Red Around Town. Despite not liking the formula too much I still ended up buying 3 of the 6 colors, which I guess makes me a sucker for limited edition colors.

From left to right: 285 Pink Bombshell, 290 Strike a Rose, and 305 Red Around Town. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.



I already explained why I don't like this gel formula despite its light weight and pigmented color, so I won't repeat again (hint: it's also super drying). Unfortunately, this time around I made some color choices for 2 of the 3 colors I chose, so I really only like 1 color I bought in this batch :( Urgh. I really should have picked 295 Plum Setter or 300 Coral Tease. Or better yet, no more Color Whispers for me.

- 285 Pink Bombshell: bad color choice #1. This is a sheer fleshy pink that sounds okay by definition, only it's chock full of silvery shimmers and thus apply totally frosty. Urgh.

- 290 Strike a Rose: bad color choice# 2. Looks rosy in the tube but applies on me a lighter and slightly cool shell pink. Again, doesn't sound bad at all, only it's also chock full of white shimmer and, sigh, applies frosty. What's up with this?!? 

- 305 Red Around Town: the only color I like in this batch, and is actually the one color I like best out of all the Color Whispers I own. It's a translucent and shimmer free yellow based red. Pigmented, luscious, and gorgeous. Love.

285 Pink Bombshell, 290 Strike a Rose, and 305 Red Around Town.

See my previous Maybelline ColorSensational Color Whisper post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts