Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Stila Long Wear Lip Liner Set

This year must be the year of the liners for me, because I've got several liner posts coming up. The first of which is this Stila Long Wear Lip Liner Set, which is actually funny because I've never ever used lip liners before, and I don't anticipate using any now or going forward ^.^ I was on an eye liner kick, which do I use quite a lot these days, and naturally I got curious about lip liners too. 

The 4 colors in this set are (left to right, top to bottom) Aspiring, Charming, Obsessed, and Passionate. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


So I wanted lip pencils, and I got lip pencils, as in, colored pencils for the lips. Actually, these are more like just color pencils - they're really quite hard! To be fair, Stila did discontinue these a couple years back so I might just have old stock in my hands. But still, they're so scratchy! After lining with them, I got a red line around my lips, and not because of the color! 

So to soften them up a bit I tried applying balm first, then line, and worked much better. However, the balm also added a layer of emollient between the pencil and my lips, which means the color didn't stick around for as long. I think I might try them next under lip stains in either gel or liquid form. Will update later.

- Aspiring: a tawny rose, a my-lips-but-better-defined color ^.^

- Charming: rose, another natural looking color on me!


- Obsessed: bright pink with just a touch of fuchsia.


- Passionate: yellow based red, my favorite color but not a color I will reach for often.


Left to right: Aspiring, Charming, Obsessed, and Passionate.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts