Friday, September 26, 2014

Buxom Flirt Alert Eye Duo

This Buxom Flirt Alert Eye Duo was another impulse buy, but unlike the Hello Kitty Charmy Kohl Eyeliner Kit, I wasn't so lucky with this. This duo comes with a tiny glass pot of supposedly waterproof cream eye shadow in the color Pug and an eye pencil in the color Onyx.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

The problem here is that the waterproof "cream" eye shadow has already dried up by the time I opened it for the first time. I supposed this is to be expected since it comes in a glass pot, which is why I really dislike fragile gel/cream formulas being packaged in a pot instead of a squeeze tube, or at least something with better sealing so the product inside doesn't dry out. So yeah, I can't really comment how "creamy" this cream eye shadow is, but it feels like damp clay to me :( As for the waterproof, sadly this didn't stand to my simple test of running the swatch under the faucet. Two swipes of my thumb and the shadow was pretty much gone T.T And I haven't even worn it yet, so I don't know if it would deal well with my oily lids. 

The eye pencil is much better with a creamy and soft formula, and super pigmented! And this one is definitely waterproof. It didn't wash off with water, not even with soap, but it did smudge. So I'm afraid it might not stand up my oily lids either. Again, I haven't worn it and only tested the swatch. So far so disappointed :(

- Pug: too bad the eye shadow dried out, because it's actually a really neat color! It's a silvery gray with taupe and purplish shimmers. So in natural light it appears a translucent and buildable silvery gray, but with indoor lighting, the turns more of a purplish taupe. Very pretty!



- Onyx: a matte jet black.


Here's a quick comparison among the several black eye pencils I have, missing Pixi Beauty Endless Silky Eye Pen 1-Black Noir.

From left to right: this Buxom Onyx and Makeup For Ever 0L Matte Black are warmer blacks. Whereas Smashbox Limitless Onyx Stila Smudge Stick Stingray and Urban Decay Perversion are definitely on the cool side, probably blue/green-based blacks.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts