Friday, February 24, 2017

'Tis the Season of Giving - Non-Asian Brands

Updated Friday, February 24, 2017.

Blog sale for charity final update.

IMPORTANT:
1. All sales are final. No returns or exchanges.
2. All proceeds will go to charity:
- The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). See their ratings.
- The National Resources Defense Council (NRDC). See their ratings.
- Doctors Without Borders, aka (MSF, Médecins Sans Frontières). See their ratings.
3. Paypal payments in USD only.

ORDERING DETAILS:
1. To order, please leave a comment and spell out your email address (to avoid spam). I will contact you privately.
2. All orders will be sent via USPS Flat-rate boxes with tracking and insurance. I hold no responsibilities for lost packages.
3. Shipping fee varies.
- Domestic: Small ($6.80), Medium ($13.45), Large ($18.75).
- International: we'll work something out privately.
4. My home is smoke and pet-free.
5. My collection is housed in a wooden craft cabinet placed in a cool and dry corner of my bedroom.
6. All items will be sent in a cosmetic bag chosen at random.
7. Eyeshadow palettes and face powders are without applicators, brushes, or puffs. I use my own brushes and have long given away the others. If you need them, please indicate so and I'll include new/unused ones at random.

Click on images to zoom. Follow links for reviews and swatches.

- Avon x Jillian Dempsey Professional Multi-Pencil Sugar Plum: new/sealed, $3.

- bareMinerals Extreme Glimmers Pyrite Malachite Perlite: NIB (therefore no reviews or swatches), $5.

- Clarins Brozing Buo 10 Bright Sun Mini: tested only (therefore no reviews or swatches), $1.

- Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Colour Gold mini, Mercury, Pink Gold, Platinum, Titanium: Gold mini is new/unused, the rest new/sealed, no review or swatches for Titanium because I never got around to it, $1.50 for Gold, $5 each for the rest.

- Maybelline ColorSensational Lip Gloss 944 Sangria Sunrise: new/sealed, $3.

- Revlon Make a Sheen Lustrous Shadow 065 Olive it Up: Swatched only, $2.

- Shiseido The Makeup Luminizing Color Powder L2 Apricot: NIB/unused (therefore no reviews or swatches), technically a Japanese brand but is marketed outside of Japan only so I thought I'd list it here, $5.

- Tarte Sheer Passion Maracuja Hydrating Cheek Tint Amused: Swatched only, $3.
- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder 3.68g 0.13oz mini: NIB/sealed (therefore no reviews or swatches), $1.50.

- The Body Shop Baked Eye Color 02 Moonstone and 06 Starlight: tested only (therefore no reviews or swatches), $2.50 each.

- The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes: $5 each.
Row 1: 07 Sugar Plum, 09, 10, 11: 07 Sugar Plum, 09, and 10 swatched only, 11 used 1-2x.
Row 2: 12, 13, 14, 17: 12 used 1-2x, the rest swatched only.
Row 3: 18, 20 Blue Moon, 21 Pretty in Pink, 23 Bunch of Violets: 18 used 1-2x, the rest swatched only.
Row 4: 24 Lily Cole Collection and 26 Hot Pink, swatched only.

- The Body Shop Shimmer Waves 02 Blush and 03 Peach: tested only (therefore no reviews or swatches), $5 each.

- Tokidoki Pittura Brush Set 24k Edition: NIB, $20.


- Too Faced The Smurf Collection So Smurfy Illuminating Face Powder: tested only (therefore no reviews or swatches), $5.

13 comments:

kuri said...

Love the charities that you've picked!

D. said...

Thanks kuri :)

Citrine said...

I will take 21 and 24 shimmer cubes if they are still available!

D. said...

Hi Citrine,

The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes 21 and 24 are both available. Thank you! Will send you an email shortly.

Cheers,
D.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dalenna,
I am a long-time reader of your blog but have actually never commented before.
First of all I want to congratulate you, what fantastic news! I wish you and your hubby all the very best with your baby :-)
Just wanted to say I LOOOVE your blog, checking if there are any new blog posts is always the first thing for me to do in the morning. I have made A LOT of Japanese beauty product-purchases based on your recommendations - things I would have never known about if you didn´t write about them. So the one question I can´t stop thinking about is the following - will you stop blogging now that your baby is on the way? I really really hope that you will go on with your blog, otherwise I would really be heart-broken...
Finally, there are some things I would be interested in buying from you. I live in Vienna, Austria - would it be possible to make a rough guess on the price of the shipping fee?
Lots of love, Doris

D. said...

Hi Doris,

Thank you for this heart-warming comment. I'm so happy you found my reviews helpful. Readers like you are the best reward I could have ever received for this blog :)

About whether I'll stop blogging once the tiny one arrives, if only you saw the suitcase I brought home packed full of Japanese skincare, sunscreen, and cosmetics :D I've only made it to August in my photo backlog, so there's still quite a way to go with many posts to post.

Besides, I'm a writer and this blog is an unedited outlet for me (sorry for all the grammar and spelling mistakes!). Without it I'll go crazy.

United States Postal Service offers a flat-rate International Priority service, insured with tracking, and delivery time is between 6-10 days. It's pricey, but it's reliable, at least to my knowledge. I heard there are some countries where the local postal service is iffy (Italy, Mexico, Singapore?!, etc.), but since you said you've purchased many Japanese beauty products, I'll assume they're from overseas and the Austrian local postal service is totally fine.

For Austria, the rates are below:
- Small box, up to 4lbs. (1.814kg): USD34 (32.42EUR)
- Medium box, up to 20lbs. (9.072kg): USD66.50 (63.40EUR)
- Large box, up to 20lbs. (9.072kg): USD87 (82.95EUR)

If you're still interested, please spell out your email address to avoid spam and I'll send you an email :)

Cheers,
D.

Anonymous said...

Dalenna, thank you for your quick and kind reply!
Hallelujah, disaster averted :-)
I was so relieved reading about your full suitcase :-) and your intentions to go on blogging. When I read that you wanted to downsize your collection and are even letting go the things you´ve been collecting (like the VOV Castledew and TBS Shimmer Cubes) I started to feel uneasy. But it was when you announced that you wanted to sell even some of your beloved Koyudo etc. brushes that I really started to worry. It makes me so happy that you will go on writing for us (even with your tiny one on your lap) because I love your writing style.
Your blog is my most favourite because there is such a nice mix and balance of topics - you not only write about skincare and beauty (your swatches are the best, by the way, with the straight and angled fotos, they are the reason I´m proud owner of e.g. several Lunasol palettes) but also about your travels, life in Tokyo etc. It is thanks to your blog posts that I would love to travel to Japan one day soon (I haven´t found an "Asia-affine" travel companion yet, though).
Thanks so much for finding out the shipping fees and also for the conversion to EUR and kg. Wow, that are really steep prices... ouch! The shipping would probably be higher than the price for the actual items. Hmm, I think over the weekend I will compile a list of all the things I would like and see if it is worth it. The Austrian postal service works perfectly fine, by the way, sometimes they are a bit slow but with all the dozens and dozens of pakets coming from Japan, Korea, Taiwan... over the last 2 or 3 years never something got lost.
Okay then, I will let you know beginning of the week if I´m going to swallow the high shipping fees ;-) One more time - I´m happy we will keep having you around, my morning coffees wouldn´t be the same without your posts :-) And sorry for the long novel...
Yours, Doris

D. said...

Hi Doris,

Aww...thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoy my swatches and don't mind my rambles over random things.

Having moved around so much, I realized I'll never have time to love and use all of my collection. So why not let go of what I don't use AND donate to charities, right? Two birds, one stone :D

Please do visit Japan when you have a chance. It's really a lovely place. And be sure to let me know when you do go. I'll be more than happy to share what little I know of where the goodies and the deliciousness are :D

I'm really sorry about the crazy delivery fees. I even checked for "regular" First Class International rates to Austria (as in without insurance and tracking) and oddly enough, it's even *more* expensive than the Flat Rates! Not sure how that computes, but I'm glad to hear the Austrian local postal service is perfectly reliable at least.

Please do take your time. If you decide the delivery fees are too much, that's fine too :D There's absolutely NO pressure or hard feelings at all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours.

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

I'll just echo Doris. Your swatches and reviews are awesome!
Can't read the food reviews until I am planning a trip to Japan, heh.

D. said...

Oh thank you, kuri! I too dream of the day when I can go back to Japan...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you also :)

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

Happy New Year!

Belle D'amour said...

Hi D! I know this comment to this post is more than a year later, but I found your post while I was searching The Body Shop Glimmer cubes. I am obsessed with them and they’ve been discontinued. Are you still selling these for charity this year? Are they still available? I also love the Shimmer Waves. I love collecting makeup so if you’re looking to sell any, please let me know your current list. I live in SF as well! Thanks.

D. said...

Hi Belle D'amour,

I'm too busy now to do a blog sale but I still have several Body Shop Shimmer Cubes. I also have a bunch of other things (mostly Japanese makeup) I'm willing to part with for charity.

If you're interested, please leave your email (spell it out) and I'll be in touch.

Happy Holidays,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts