Friday, February 24, 2017

Lipstick Queen Saint Lipsticks Part III

Even more Lipstick Queen Saint Lipsticks! Recently, I picked up Saint Rouge and Saint Wine and it's safe to say I won't stop hoarding these lippies anytime soon. They're simply awesome.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I do have one complaint though. I've noticed that several of my newest Saint Lipsticks wobble a lot in their tube. I wouldn't be surprised if they'll break at the base soon. It's probably because of the soft formula I love so much, but I rarely have the same problem with my Japanese lippies and some of them have even softer formula than these Saints. What gives?

- Saint Rouge: translucent and shimmer-free deep red with brownish undertone and visibly more pigmented than most other Saint lipsticks. Interestingly enough, Citrine reviewed this same color last August and didn't like the brown in it. On my lips though, the brown completely disappears leaving only the deep red, and I absolutely love it. You know what this means, right? Yup, I must now have Saint Deep Red to compare ^.^

Here's Saint Rouge versus Saint Sunny Rouge.

- Saint Wine: transparent and shimmer free bordeaux, again with brown undertone. Thankfully, the brown also does a disappearing act on my lips and the lipstick shows more wine. Guess what? This means I must now have the newly released Saint Bordeaux to compare xD

Saint Rouge and Saint Wine.


Here's Saint Berry versus Saint Rouge versus Saint Wine. See how Saint Berry is totally, utterly brown next to Saint Wine? There's zero berry in Saint Berry. WTF?

See my previous posts:
- Lipstick Queen Saint Lipsticks
- Lipstick Queen Saint Lipsticks Part II

See my other Saint Lipsticks:
- Saint Berry from Lips Nouveau
- Saint Coral from Spring Fling
- Saint Red from Red Carpet Edit
- Saint Nude, Saint Pink, and Saint Rose from Heaven Sent Trio
- Saint Pink again from Chic in Three Shade 

2 comments:

Citrine said...

I finally used my saint hot rose (bought it around the same time as Saint rouge) and of course it turns magenta on me. I kind of expected it though since it's hot pink to start with. The joy of having purple lips...


I left bright rose in my Amazon cart after my review then the price went back up to 24 from 18...Me and Lipstick Queen are just not meant to be...

D. said...

Hey Mina,

I feel that way about a bunch of eye shadows from brands like Stila and Lancome. I tried and tried and tried and it's just not meant to be :( There's really no one size fits all when it comes to skin tone and cosmetics.

On another note, I'm really enjoying my Deborah Lippmann lippies, thanks to you ^.^

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts