Friday, November 11, 2016

Lipstick Queen Saint Lipsticks

Update Saturday, November 12, 2016. 

Now that I'm home and have my lippies all in one place, I'm going to start doing comparison swatches, may be not across the board but at least within the same brand.

Here are the three reds I have within the Lipstick Queen Saint range: Saint Red, Saint Fire Red, and Saint Scarlet Red. I've been eyeing Saint Deep Red as well, so once I have it I'll do another comparison with all four.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

As it turns out, Saint Red is pretty neutral when swatched side by side with the other two. Saint Fire Red is definitely warm, and Saint Scarlet Red is cooler, leaning towards pink and coral.
 
I also have Saint Rouge and Saint Wine that I haven't gotten around to photograph and swatch, still unpacking from the international move, so there will be even more comparisons to come with Saint Sunny Rouge below (versus Saint Rouge) and Saint Berry (versus Saint Wine).

----------------------------------------------
Original post Saturday, July 23, 2016.

Yes, I'm on another Lipstick Queen kick and acquired 4 more lipsticks in my favorite formula: Saint Fire Red, Saint Hot Rose, Saint Scarlet Red, and Saint Sunny Rouge. Why all of a sudden? Because I saw them on sale on Amazon :) Been eyeing these colors for ages and so thrilled to finally get my hands on them! 

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

These newbies make great addition to my current family of Saints: Saint Berry from the Lips Nouveau set, Saint Coral from Spring Fling, Saint Red from Red Carpet Edit, Saint Pinky Nude from Lipstick Library Volume 2 - Look of Love, Saint Nude, Saint Pink, and Saint Rose from Heaven Sent Trio, and a Saint Pink repeat in Chic in Three Shade, which became gift for mum in law (and she loved it!). Yup, I told you I love the Saint lipsticks!

- Saint Fire Red: a punchy orangey red that's only semi translucent and shows up quite well as you can see, even though it's supposedly "only" 10% pigment. Love! So very curious to see how this color compares with Saint Red. Saint Red seems more translucent and this Saint Fire Red is definitely more pigmented. In fact, it's the most pigmented out of the 4 newbies. When I have more time, I'll do a comparison post for all my Lipstick Queen lippies.

- Saint Hot Rose: is really translucent hot pink. I've worn this a few times and like it very much! Can't wait to pick up Saint Bright Rose too for comparison ^.^

- Saint Scarlet Red: a translucent coral red that makes me squeal with delight. More love!

- Saint Sunny Rouge: semi translucent orange coral. Yet even more love! I think I hit the jackpot with this batch as I love every single color. Woot!

From left to right: Saint Fire Red, Saint Hot Rose, Saint Scarlet Red, and Saint Sunny Rouge.

6 comments:

Citrine said...

I had to hop onto amazon for hot rose...Actually it's funny that now it's so humid and hot that suqqu kyoganoko looks really flaterring on my darker skin...I dont feel bad spending so much on it (well, I never fell bad for toys that make me happy anyway).

D. said...

Hey Citrine,

Same here, which was the reason I bit the bullet with Bete Noire--I just love Lipstick Queen so much I don't care to try Suqqu, especially when I've swatched a few and didn't love any of them. I will try Addiction Lipstick Sheer though!

Just snatched Saint Bright Rose from Amazon too. Now I'm just missing Saint Wine and Saint Rouge.

^.^
D.

Citrine said...

I think saint wine looks nice (like the new fresh lip treatment in sugar poppy, which I decided to hold off because of heat wave). I have Saint Rouge, which is a little too brown for my liking and not really special(flaterring) plus it melted and broke from the base because I left it in the living room.

D. said...

Oh, hmm...may be I'll cross Saint Rouge off of my list then, because even Saint Berry is slightly brownish for me, ironically enough.

kuri said...

Did I mention that I like Addiction Lipstick Sheer? I have Last Scene and Day Trip. I didn't realize that they're classified as sheer - good buildable pigment. Not much slip either, but comfortable and good lasting power. I've had mine for years and they're still going strong.

D. said...

Hi kuri,

I did swatch a few Addiction Lipstick Sheer and they felt nice on the back of my hands ^.^ I should have gotten them when the dollar was much stronger against the yen, but at the time I was obsessed with the Premium Stay Rouges instead. May be I'll pick up a few to try! Thanks :)

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts