Monday, November 14, 2016

Point Magic Pro Pressed Powder UV SPF50+ PA++++

A few months before packing to go home, I looked into more sun powders and found four new candidates that were well-rated on Cosme. This Point Magic Pro Pressed Powder UV SPF50+ PA++++ is one of them. There are two shades available and I got 01 Bright Beige. The other is 02 Medium Beige.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


I do realize this is a compact containing 6.3g of unscented pressed powder. Usually, I'd prefer a loose version but since this was so well-rated I made an exception. It's supposedly 92% botanical mineral content, so I thought I'd give it a go and see.

The main active ingredients are zinc oxide (酸化亜鉛) and octinoxate (メトキシケイヒ酸エチルヘキシル), a blend of physical sunblock and chemical filter. The zinc oxide kind of explains the medium-full coverage--it's an opaque white powder after all.

I use a dense foundation brush to apply the powder under my eye area to cover any dark circles, and around my nose and mouth to even out any discoloration. Then I use a fluffier brush for a light dusting everywhere else. It does crease after a couple of hours, unfortunately, especially under my eyes and my laugh lines. However, that was also in the humid Japanese summer, so I'll see how it'll fare at home where it's much drier.

I probably won't repurchase because I rarely use a powder with coverage, only reaching for this when I'm out on a date. For every day use I much prefer a translucent loose powder. I'll get to these soon, because among the four I bought two are so great I already bought backups :)

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts