Thursday, November 24, 2016

Panna Kiss Powder SPF50 PA+++

This 10g jar of Panna Kiss Powder SPF50 PA+++ from the Korean brand Pure Smile is another new sunscreen powder I'd picked up recently. I got mine in Light Beige but it's also available in Beige.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Let me take a minute to praise the packaging. There are 10g of product and you'd think it's a sizeable jar, but somehow they packed the whole 10g into a super cute little one and made it perfectly portable and travel-friendly. From the minute I open the twist cap lid to the moment I shake it to dispense some powder, there's zero loss of powder dust and zero waste of space. Everything is snug and there's not an empty spot anywhere, kind of like a tightly woven plot that you just can't pick apart. Point is, efficient packaging is totally doable! 

Why does efficient packaging matter, other than portability and perhaps storage? Because packaging affects pricing, and ultimately, the quality of the product! If a company had a budget, and they were wasteful with poor packaging but at the same time had to keep the product affordable, where do you think they'll cut that corner? Not from their bottom line, that's for sure.

Which leads me to my next point: this 10g jar costs all of 540yen from Amazon JP and 486yen from Rakuten JP! In contrast, my current favorite Privacy UV Face Powder costs about 990yen, contains only 3.5g of product, and is in a jar about twice as big! That's about twice the price but with only 1/3 of the product content, folks.

Let's get into the nitty gritty of comparison. Panna Kissis a translucent loose powder for finishing purposes. It has just a touch more coverage than the Privacy powder but still maintains the translucency. Perhaps where Panna Kiss loses to Privacy is the fact that it's mildly scented with an annoying Asian aunty scent. Oh wait, I am an Asian aunty... $%&*!!!

I've been loving Panna Kiss recently, because it brightens my face a bit but is still completely weightless. From what I can tell, the ingredients show titanium dioxide (酸化チタン), octinoxate (メトキシケイヒ酸エチルヘキシル), and zinc oxide (酸化亜鉛), a combination of physical sunblock and chemical sunscreen. I do wish it has better protection like Privacy does, having only an SPF50 (note absence of the +) and PA+++ (PPD8-16). Then again, I'm using sunscreen powders to set, well, my sunscreen, so whatever the SPF/PPD is, it's all icing on the cake. With Panna Kiss' price and product content, I can be more liberal with it. Will I repurchase? Hell yes! I'll be stocking up!

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Awww that's too cute (I am glad I withheld my congratulations before reading the whole thing)...

D. said...

Hi Citrine,

*giggles* my niece is an adorable little munchkin, isn't she?

D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts