Sunday, November 13, 2016

Lunasol Full Glamour Lips Part II

As I'm adding to my growing family of Coffret D'Or Premium Stay Rouge, I also grow more enamored with Lunasol Full Glamour Lips, and Stain Color Lips too for that matter (more to come ^.^)! I know at this point I'm super late to the game and have missed out on some gorgeous colors, but I'll take what I can get.

Here are 22 Deep Bordeaux and EX01 Soft Pink, both from the 2013 winter collection. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Unlike CD Premium Stay Rouge with predominantly jelly/cream jelly formulas and few creams, the Full Glamour Lips are mostly creams, with a rare jelly that's 02 Cherry Red. Despite some colors having a lovely translucency, I haven't seen another jelly, or even a cream jelly, but I'm cool with that.

Interestingly enough, the formula for these two colors is markedly different than 02 Cherry Red, probably because they're creams. This creamy formula is lighter and thinner than my favorite Saints from Lipstick Queen, lighter and thinner than the Premium Stays even! There's less tug on the lips, and the balmy feel of 02 Cherry Red is replaced with creaminess.

The comfort and moisturizing level has not changed, and here the Full Glamour Lips out performs the Premium Stays. They're much more pigmented than the Premium Stays too, on par with the few Saints that are semi-translucent, all while leaving a delicious sheen. Love!

- 22 Deep Bordeaux: It's not that deep but it's definitely a bordeaux, a translucent and gorgeous one. So happy I found this color!

- EX01 Soft Pink: a pinky nude. Not sure what I was thinking when I pick up this color, to be honest. May be I wasn't. Surprisingly enough, this color overcame my initial disappointment and actually grew on me. I've reached for it several times when pairing with stronger smoky eyes and it was the perfect, most flattering nude! Likey.

22 Deep Bordeaux and EX01 Soft Pink.

See my previous Lunasol Full Glamour Lips post.

2 comments:

kuri said...

Ooh, both are really pretty! I'm slowly learning which formulas I like, after having gone through some cheap formulas (revlon lip butter, covergirl lip perfection, revlon colorstay moisture balm), and what a difference a nice formula makes!
These Full Glamour Lips sound really nice! I finally had the chance to play with the Lipstick Queen Saints but I liked the Medieval color the best. Based on that, Bordeaux may be too pigmented for me :/ Maybe I'll start with Coffret D'Or Premium Stay Rouge RD-214.

Love all your lipstick reviews!

D. said...

Hi kuri,

Aww, I'm happy you like my lippie reviews and I hope they're helpful to you :)

But you're absolutely right that a nice formula makes all the difference. I recently tried Jill Stuart lipsticks and literally wanted to throw it across the room. I'll review it soon.

Love Medieval--almost through with the tube I carry in my bag and already have a backup. But yes, the Lunasol Bordeaux is much more pigmented. Love PSR RD-214 and have a backup of it too. Great choice!

Cheers,
D.



Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts