Tuesday, October 17, 2017

L'Occitane Cerisier Pastel Body Milk

I don't know what came over me when I picked up this 8.4fl. oz. bottle of L'Occitane Cerisier Pastel Body Milk, especially when I'm using the Hand Cream version and could barely stand the scent (will review later). What I really wanted were the Bonne Mere Soaps and this body milk ended up being an impulse buy that I regret.


My chief complaint with this body milk is that it's super perfumy. The last L'Occitane body lotion I used was the Jasmin & Bergamote Body Milk and that scent wasn't too overpowering, so I made the mistake of assuming this Cerisier Pastel would be just as mild. But nope, if the hand cream was perfumy, this body milk is ten times worse! The fragrance is sweet and tart and flowery, and to me nothing reminiscent of cherry or cherry blossoms. Urgh.

Beyond the overbearing fragrance, I found the body milk itself quite lacking. It feels nice going on, but even the next day it still washes right off, which means it never gets absorbed to begin with. I'd been using it on my arms for about a week when I realized my little one has been eating it off of me :( He's at that age when he just chomps on anything and everything, my face, arms, and shoulders included, and because the stuff just sits on top of my skin, it gets all over his face and mouth--yuck!  While I can't stop him from chewing on me, I sure can stop using this icky lotion. Good thing my mum happily took the full bottle off of my hands. Perhaps I should pass the hand cream on to her also...

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts