Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor

Been curious about Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor for a while. At the same time, I was dubious with the website's claim that this lipstick is among their bestsellers. So I did my own research and found that the lippie is generally well-liked, with the biggest complaint being that it's sheer. Okay, I'm cool with sheer and into my cart it went during one of LQ's recent sales.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Hello Sailor reminds me of those funky trick lipsticks my middle school friends pranked me with. It's a translucent blue lipstick that's supposed to stain my lips a cool berry, versus the pink trick lipstick that turned my lips green in middle school (the reverse of Lipstick Queen Frog Prince, which I'll review next). Sounds good enough and I wouldn't mind myself a cool berry lip stain. The smooth blue metal tube is identical to Jean Queen.

I find the balmy formula similar to but thinner than Medieval. It's moisturizing and glossy and I like that.


Unfortunately, that's all I like about it. The color changing factor is pretty close to zero. This darn lippie remains a transparent blue on my lips for the longest time, exactly as swatched on the back of my hand. After what feels like an eternity, it turns grape-soda purple. Don't tell me there's something wrong with the pH of my lips, because Frog Prince works rather well on them, thank you very much.

Blotting or waiting for Hello Sailor to wear off leaves behind a pink stain so subtle I couldn't tell where my natural lip color ends and the stain begins. In short, there's really no stain. This is a trick lipstick after all, as in it tricked money out of my pocket. Boo. Hiss.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Haha, I got a mini (of this plus medieval and frog prince)last yeat and have been too afraid to try them given my magenta tendency...

Now I think I can hold on a bit more...maybe until halloween.

D. said...

Hey Mina,

That's what I should have done, get the minis! I sure wouldn't mind a mini Medieval for the diaper bag.

You never know how Hello Sailor might perform on you. Other bloggers raved about it so it must have worked well for some people! I say just try it and see ;)

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts