Saturday, August 18, 2018

Daeng Gi Meo Ri Shampoo and Conditioner

My very first Korean shampoo and conditioner, folks! I stumbled upon Daeng Gi Meo Ri Shampoo and Conditioner at my local Korean supermarket (woohoo, no more long drives for Asian food and groceries!) and didn't think twice about picking up a pair to try.



They had a few different options there, each in a deep wine colored 500mL pump bottle. There were three shampoos, Shampoo for Oily Scalp (blue font), Shampoo for Damaged Hair (orange font, reviewing today), and Shampoo for Normal to Dry Scalp (white font), and one Conditioner for All Hair Types (reviewing today).

I first picked up the Shampoo for Damaged Hair and later returned for the Shampoo for Normal to Dry Scalp. I skipped the Shampoo for Oily Scalp, guessing it'd be more of a clarifying shampoo--hubby and I are already using a really great one for, holy crap, 4+ year now? Will review that next. So I stuck with just one bottle of Conditioner. Hubby doesn't care for any conditioner, ever, so it's just me using it, which means it takes forever to use up one bottle.

- Shampoo for Damaged Hair: has a mildly sweet herbal scent and comes out of the bottle in a dark amber maple syrup-like texture. It took me aback the first time I saw it. Like, woah, it's...dark. It lathers well, rinses well, and leaves my hair surprisingly soft even when wet. The first time I used it I thought I'd bought a two-in-one shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels soft and light the next day, and my scalp isn't oily. Hubby likes it and I do too. Looks like we found a great thing, folks! And good timing too, because we're getting bored switching back and forth between the various Ichikami's, Tsubaki's, Macherie, and Super Mild. We'll try the Shampoo for Normal to Dry Scalp next. In addition, a reader Julia had recommended a few other interesting Japanese shampoos that I have queued up. There will be small excitements for us to look forward to this coming year ^.^

- Conditioner for All Hair Types: also comes out of the bottle a brownish taupe color, but otherwise it feels like any other conditioner. The fragrance is very similar to the old Bath & Body Works' Fresh Linen and pairs well with the shampoo. Again, leaves my hair light and soft and does not weigh it down the next day or turn my scalp oily. Very happy with this new discovery! 

4 comments:

Julia said...

Oh boy, I hope you don't hate the shampoos I mentioned. ^^;

Also, I usually go through conditioner and hair masks so quickly even alone, I always have to buy refills before the shampoo is empty (unless a certain someone uses my good shampoo because he's too lazy to buy his own X'D), it always surprises me when someone says they need forever to finish conditioner. I guess my hair is longer than yours?

D. said...

Hey Julia,

I'm totally looking forward to try the stuff you recommended! Will definitely review as I go along too!

My scalp is really oily so I can only apply condition to hair ends and not massage it onto the scalp and hair roots, which means I only need to use half a pump each time and not a full pump. Hubby doesn't use any conditioner at all, which means two people use the same shampoo but only one person uses the conditioner, and at half the pace, so basically every bottle of conditioner last me through 3-4 bottles of shampoo LOL

^.^
D.

Julia said...

I'm looking forward to your reviews!

My scalp isn't particularly dry either, but I still have to condition everything below my ears or my hair is a frizzy, tangled mess. I may use too much conditioner, but it works for me, so *shrugs*
Obviously my husband doesn't condition either, and yet he has beautiful glossy black hair ugh.

Have you ever tried using lotion/toner/keshousui on your scalp? People on reddit recommended it and it's a pretty interesting idea. Basically, just like facial skin, too much oil could mean dehydration, and I have to say my scalp itches much less when I pour some hatomugi on it after washing.

D. said...

Wow, that's a super interesting idea!

I notice that my scalp only gets oily with some shampoos and not others, which is why I keep going back to using the few I know that don't make my head all greasy, which is why I get bored and am always on the look out for new stuff to try.

LOL I get envious of my hubby's hair (and skin!) too. He hardly takes care of either of them, and yet his skin's always smooth and his hair shiny. Urgh.

Thanks for the recommendations though! After trying these I might come back to you asking for more ^.^

Cheers,
D.

P.S. Will get to your email soon!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts